Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casting for Halloween Ends

Go down

Casting for Halloween Ends Empty Casting for Halloween Ends

Post by ThePunisher December 17th 2021, 1:15 pm

Should Danielle Harris be in the last movie? Who else should be in this one?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Casting for Halloween Ends Empty Re: Casting for Halloween Ends

Post by OCT 31 1978 December 17th 2021, 3:44 pm

ThePunisher wrote:Should Danielle Harris be in the last movie?  Who else should be in this one?

I would have loved seeing her in these new movies but introducing her in this last one unless she has a small cameo playing a non relevant character would be distracting to the story they are telling…….

I am not sure where they are headed with the 4 yeartime jump either…. Did Michael escape after Halloween Kills ? Karen was screaming pretty loud hard to believe no one heard her with all the cops and Allyson right down stairs……Has he been Roaming around the last few years doing what he does on Halloween? Not sure can’t wait to find out….
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 18th 2021, 10:55 am

I do wish they did make her a new character within the franchise since she was the start for 3 of their known films and it seems kinda wrong they didnt try to get her for a new character.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia December 21st 2021, 4:01 pm

Please yes! I’d love to see Danielle Harris in the new movie. She definitely should be in it.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 22nd 2021, 4:21 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Please yes! I’d love to see Danielle Harris in the new movie. She definitely should be in it.

Let's hope and pray they at least make her a cameo in the film at least.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play December 24th 2021, 12:49 am

Someone should get a petition going.

I'd sign if it becomes a thing.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 15th 2022, 7:41 am

I Hate to say it.
but i think Halloween ends will probably end with Michael Myers dying.
I Read an interview with Jamie Lee Curtis and she said that Halloween ends will make people angry.

https://screenrant.com/halloween-ends-story-jamie-lee-curtis-audience-response/#:~:text=Screen%20legend%20Jamie%20Lee%20Curtis,to%20the%20role%20in%20Halloween
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 15th 2022, 8:07 am

I wouldnt be mad about that but I would be mad if they gave him a half ass death.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 15th 2022, 10:13 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:I wouldnt be mad about that but I would be mad if they gave him a half ass death.

I'd also be mad if they gave Laurie a half ass death. Just my opinion.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 15th 2022, 5:31 pm

I hope it ends with him not Dying to be honest….. Evil never Dies….. at least not completely.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Darrin/Strigoi likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 16th 2022, 10:20 am

What would piss me off is if after everything he's done and killed he simply lets himself get arrested again and taken back to Smith's Grove
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 16th 2022, 7:23 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:What would piss me off is if after everything he's done and killed he simply lets himself get arrested again and taken back to Smith's Grove

I agree, I got a feeling they are going to pass the evil by the end of the movie…..
Not sure how but I have a feeling Allyson is going to snap and evil up.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 17th 2022, 7:02 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
SonofOdin6039 wrote:What would piss me off is if after everything he's done and killed he simply lets himself get arrested again and taken back to Smith's Grove

I agree, I got a feeling they are going to pass the evil by the end of the movie…..

Do you think she'll be wearing a costume like young Michael was wearing?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 17th 2022, 8:16 am

ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Halloween 4 type ending for sure….. we will see but I have a gut feeling Laurie will somehow Kill Michael and Allyson will then Kill Laurie… this new trilogy definitely is all about cause and effects dealing with Trauma…. I could be very wrong in the end… but after Kills the Evil can never die just move on to the next traumatic situation.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 17th 2022, 10:12 am

There's logic to that...the ending of Part 4 was kind of a shocker and left us curious to see if Jamie Lloyd would be the next Shape. Those of us who has seen that and waited for Part 5 to continue that plot line were somewhat disappointed, especially after the ending of Part 5 where the Man in Black freed Michael from jail. Man, they better not repeat that mistake
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 17th 2022, 11:57 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Halloween 4 type ending for sure….. we will see but I have a gut feeling Laurie will somehow Kill Michael and Allyson will then Kill Laurie… this new trilogy definitely is all about cause and effects dealing with Trauma…. I could be very wrong in the end… but after Kills the Evil can never die just move on to the next traumatic situation.

This would be an interesting avenue to take, but it would have to be handled perfectly. If it's made to look like she just snapped and the story isn't going to continue on following Allyson as the killer, then it might work... If it's made to feel at all like the Mantel of Michael is being passed on to Allyson to potentially continue the series, it likely won't go over well. We have historical proof of that. Fans of these big horror franchises are too attached to their horror icons like Jason and Michael, that even the semblance that you're going to replace one of them just isn't going to be received well. The Halloween franchise itself already tried this once, with a character that made perfect sense to inherit the evil, and they completely pussed out and we got the Cult of Thorne instead. I don't think the minds behind this new creative team would risk making that same mistake again. Retconning Part II out of existence and eliminating the sibling aspect of the cannon lessens this idea for me a bit too. It just made more sense with Jamie. Michael was still walking evil incarnate, and not yet merely a tool for a supernatural curse. It raised the age old question if Evil is hereditary. You just can't get that with Allyson when the guy trying to kill you is no longer Uncle Michael.

I think the most poetic ending would be for Laurie and Michael to do each other in, and put a nice bookend on what they both started over 40 years ago. Maybe in the aftermath, that's when you have a traumatized Allyson show sings she's beginning to snap, but do it subtly. Nothing too on the nose like having her put on Michael's mask or anything, (I personally wouldn't have much of a problem with that) and just maybe the fanbase might accept it.

I also hope they don't puss out and show that Karen's character has somehow survived at the beginning of Halloween Ends. Say what you want about the logic of how Michael was able to get to her without anybody noticing, but I did appreciate the movie had the balls to do it. The Strode girls felt like they had titanium-thick plot armor until that point, and I did like the subversion of taking one of them out.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 17th 2022, 2:38 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

This would be an interesting avenue to take, but it would have to be handled perfectly. If it's made to look like she just snapped and the story isn't going to continue on following Allyson as the killer, then it might work... If it's made to feel at all like the Mantel of Michael is being passed on to Allyson to potentially continue the series, it likely won't go over well. We have historical proof of that. Fans of these big horror franchises are too attached to their horror icons like Jason and Michael, that even the semblance that you're going to replace one of them just isn't going to be received well. The Halloween franchise itself already tried this once, with a character that made perfect sense to inherit the evil, and they completely pussed out and we got the Cult of Thorne instead. I don't think the minds behind this new creative team would risk making that same mistake again. Retconning Part II out of existence and eliminating the sibling aspect of the cannon lessens this idea for me a bit too. It just made more sense with Jamie. Michael was still walking evil incarnate, and not yet merely a tool for a supernatural curse. It raised the age old question if Evil is hereditary. You just can't get that with Allyson when the guy trying to kill you is no longer Uncle Michael.

I think the most poetic ending would be for Laurie and Michael to do each other in, and put a nice bookend on what they both started over 40 years ago. Maybe in the aftermath, that's when you have a traumatized Allyson show sings she's beginning to snap, but do it subtly. Nothing too on the nose like having her put on Michael's mask or anything, (I personally wouldn't have much of a problem with that) and just maybe the fanbase might accept it.

I also hope they don't puss out and show that Karen's character has somehow survived at the beginning of Halloween Ends. Say what you want about the logic of how Michael was able to get to her without anybody noticing, but I did appreciate the movie had the balls to do it. The Strode girls felt like they had titanium-thick plot armor until that point, and I did like the subversion of taking one of them out.

I agree 1000%
On all points this is 40 + years in the making the stakes need to be high and if Michael is finally killed destroyed it needs to be rewarding….. but for me the Evil Never dying Ending would be the more rewarding avenue to take I mean that Is the point of the original Halloween…..John Carpenter’s Michael Myers is shown to be the living Embodiment of Evil “The Boogyman” and escapes into the night after beingstabbed in the chest and Eye and Shot 6 times falling off a second story …..Evil never dies.

A pass the Mantel ending will only work with out a sequel Myers fans will not watch a Halloween movie with out him like you said….

I also Agree Having Michael kill Karen was a bold move by the film makers and I am glad they did it….. I truly would have preferred Michael killing Laurie in Kills with Karen and Allyson after him in this last film….or even Michael Killing Allyson and Karen and Laurie teaming to finally put him in the Ground…..either way I hope it is an epic ending and they leave us in a rewarding place at the end of this new trilogy.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 17th 2022, 4:56 pm

They got to do something amazing for Halloween Ends...like we need a GOOD death for Michael something worth watching!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum