Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Horror Movie Of all time

Go down

Worst Horror Movie Of all time Empty Worst Horror Movie Of all time

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th December 12th 2021, 5:08 am

Anyway there's bad horror Movies leprechaun 4 In Space and Texas Chainsaw massacre the next generation and seed of chucky and the a Nightmare on elm street reboot
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Worst Horror Movie Of all time Empty Re: Worst Horror Movie Of all time

Post by I'm Not a Goalie December 12th 2021, 3:07 pm

The Disappointments Room might be the worst 'Movie' I've ever seen period. Boring, lazy writing, wooden acting, an adultery subplot that comes out of nowhere, and these bizarre jump cuts and scene transitions that are so jarring you wonder what the fuck is going on through most of the movie, like some kind of high budget arthouse film. The camera will strangely focus on random things that makes the viewer think this image is going to be important to the plot or mystery somehow but nope... None of it means anything. This movie has no meaning. I'd rather spend three hours waiting in line at the DMV then sit through this film again.

For me though, the worst crime a horror film can make is to be boring. Even the worst horror films have some entertainment value usually. So for me, the worst horror films are the ones that are so boring I shut it off after 30 minutes. Demons 2 is one off the top of my head I can remember having to shut off a 1/3rd of the way through before I feel asleep.

Other than than that, The Fog remake was terrible. City of the Living Dead is a pretty rough watch too. Zombies that act like ghosts? Come one...
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 December 13th 2021, 4:36 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:The Disappointments Room might be the worst 'Movie' I've ever seen period. Boring, lazy writing, wooden acting, an adultery subplot that comes out of nowhere, and these bizarre jump cuts and scene transitions that are so jarring you wonder what the fuck is going on through most of the movie, like some kind of high budget arthouse film. The camera will strangely focus on random things that makes the viewer think this image is going to be important to the plot or mystery somehow but nope... None of it means anything. This movie has no meaning. I'd rather spend three hours waiting in line at the DMV then sit through this film again.

For me though, the worst crime a horror film can make is to be boring. Even the worst horror films have some entertainment value usually. So for me, the worst horror films are the ones that are so boring I shut it off after 30 minutes. Demons 2 is one off the top of my head I can remember having to shut off a 1/3rd of the way through before I feel asleep.

Other than than that, The Fog remake was terrible. City of the Living Dead is a pretty rough watch too. Zombies that act like ghosts? Come on...

I agree 100%….. one of the worst Horror movie was the most recent Black Christmas remake…..not only was is boring….. it shit on its own horror legacy adding social commentary and pushing political correct agendas is a sin in all forms of entertainment if you ask me…… never sacrifice story and entertainment to push an agenda….lol the movies villain/ killer is literally toxic masculinity…WTF….Black Christmas the original is a classic it is definitely rough around the edges but with out it we won’t have had the all time greats that came after it….
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 14th 2021, 2:12 am

I got a list...

Horror Comedies

Zombie Beavers
Shark Tornados Franchise
Thankskilling Franchise

Horrors

The Forest
Jaws 3
Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th December 15th 2021, 7:59 pm

Don't forget that other horror comedy Jason Voorhees Here's Jack Frost (1997)
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey January 19th 2022, 6:46 pm

While I think NOES remake was technically superior to say, JTM or Halloween Resurrection... it is the worst installment of the big 3 franchises. Too slow, boring, and not memorable.

Worst horror movie? "Howling : New Moon Rising" has to be up there. Also, I would avoid "The Mooring" (2012). I tried watching it because it was filmed in places I lived, but quit after 20 minutes. If you make it through either of these snoozefests, I commend your willpower.
Monkey
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 January 20th 2022, 10:02 am

Rubber and Flesh Eating Mothers.
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees January 20th 2022, 12:26 pm

Another horrible horror film is Birdemic
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 6:03 pm

Death House was pretty heinous.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 May 13th 2024, 2:30 pm

Black Christmas from 2019 was one of the worst horror movies I have ever seen.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Camper
Camper

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 13th 2024, 4:28 pm

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes comes to mind.

But seriously, maybe the movies already mentioned are good enough.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 16th 2024, 8:43 am

I'll have to say it...it's dumb entertainment but it's Thankskilling is one of the WORSE.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 16th 2024, 5:25 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I'll have to say it...it's dumb entertainment but it's Thankskilling is one of the WORSE.

This makes me want to watch it!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by ZroSkeerd May 17th 2024, 11:47 am

The worst horror movie I've ever seen was called "S.I.C.K. Serial Insane Clown Killer". I saw it about 15 years ago when my wife and I were on a kick of renting horror films we'd never heard of. The cover art was alright and she's terrified of clowns. We figured at the very least it might be fun trash.

No.

It's just trash. There are plenty of slashers out there that know they're campy and silly and lean into it - Hatchet and the newest Texas Chainsaw on Netflix come to mind. They're not great films, but they're not trying to be. They're just trying to be fun and they do a good job of it.

This thing takes itself way too seriously, and it might be the most boring piece of cinema I've ever had the misfortune to sit in front of. It took us three days to finish it because we couldn't take more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time.

The acting is horrible, the effects (or lack thereof) are worse, and I'm pretty sure the story was thrown together over a late-night drinking session.

I'd rather watch something like Leprechaun 4 or Wishmaster. It's an absolutely irredeemable piece of garbage.
ZroSkeerd
ZroSkeerd
The Local
The Local

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 17th 2024, 4:41 pm

ZroSkeerd wrote:The worst horror movie I've ever seen was called "S.I.C.K. Serial Insane Clown Killer". I saw it about 15 years ago when my wife and I were on a kick of renting horror films we'd never heard of. The cover art was alright and she's terrified of clowns. We figured at the very least it might be fun trash.

No.

It's just trash. There are plenty of slashers out there that know they're campy and silly and lean into it - Hatchet and the newest Texas Chainsaw on Netflix come to mind. They're not great films, but they're not trying to be. They're just trying to be fun and they do a good job of it.

This thing takes itself way too seriously, and it might be the most boring piece of cinema I've ever had the misfortune to sit in front of. It took us three days to finish it because we couldn't take more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time.

The acting is horrible, the effects (or lack thereof) are worse, and I'm pretty sure the story was thrown together over a late-night drinking session.

I'd rather watch something like Leprechaun 4 or Wishmaster. It's an absolutely irredeemable piece of garbage.

Maybe we should get the clown from Terrifier to get rid of this movie.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

ZroSkeerd likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 17th 2024, 9:53 pm

For me, it’s The Dead Hate The Living and also The Howling IV.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 18th 2024, 8:28 am

Trekapedia wrote:For me, it’s The Dead Hate The Living and also The Howling IV.

You made it all the way to the end with these movies? You're a better man than me.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by t8mc July 9th 2024, 4:37 am

Ivan1987 wrote:Black Christmas from 2019 was one of the worst horror movies I have ever seen.

Man, that film was irredeemably poor. I don't mind a bit of social commentary in a movie but I don't need a film being actively racist and sexist at my expense. The film was shit as well which didn't help.

Anyway, without a doubt the worst horror film, and indeed worst film, ever is Skinamarink. What do you need from a film? A story, something to look at, something to hear, some set pieces and characters that matter.

Skinamarink has none of that. Everything you see in the first couple of minutes is everything you're going to see. Normally a ceiling. The story is paper thin, the visuals show nothing (there's nothing to show though, nothing actually happens), the audio is inaudible most of the time and anything that is said doesn't matter (because the story doesn't matter). It's just utterly worthless. It was the film that finally dethroned AvP: Requiem as my worst film ever.

AvP: Requiem. Like most of you, I'm a huge Alien/s fan. I even like 3 and Resurrection a lot. And while I hated the first AvP in the cinema, over the years I can watch and appreciate it as just a fun and silly, fast-paced action movie. But AvP:R? I saw it in the cinema and never watched it again. I've never owned it, I never downloaded it and when it was starting on the TV, I changed the channel. Absolute garbage.

Also...

The entire recent Halloween trilogy but especially Halloween Ends
Scary Tales: Dead Zone - rubbish portmanteau
Tales from the Other Side - rubbish portmanteau
Bloodthirst - rubbish vampire survival road movie with the evil cop from the Saw films
ZombieTown - they actually got Chevy Chase and Dan Ackroyd to appear in this
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning - it's rubbish. Cheaps out on the gore, adds loads of rubbish humour.
Army of the Dead - Army of the Shit
Share or Die

And controversially, Dawn of the Dead. The original. I know people love it. My best mate does. But I can't watch it. The rubbish zombie effects and atrocious acting are matched by the slow pacing and pretentious messaging. I much preferred the remake.

t8mc
t8mc
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 9th 2024, 5:45 pm

t8mc wrote:
Ivan1987 wrote:Black Christmas from 2019 was one of the worst horror movies I have ever seen.

Man, that film was irredeemably poor. I don't mind a bit of social commentary in a movie but I don't need a film being actively racist and sexist at my expense. The film was shit as well which didn't help.

Anyway, without a doubt the worst horror film, and indeed worst film, ever is Skinamarink. What do you need from a film? A story, something to look at, something to hear, some set pieces and characters that matter.

Skinamarink has none of that. Everything you see in the first couple of minutes is everything you're going to see. Normally a ceiling. The story is paper thin, the visuals show nothing (there's nothing to show though, nothing actually happens), the audio is inaudible most of the time and anything that is said doesn't matter (because the story doesn't matter). It's just utterly worthless. It was the film that finally dethroned AvP: Requiem as my worst film ever.

AvP: Requiem. Like most of you, I'm a huge Alien/s fan. I even like 3 and Resurrection a lot. And while I hated the first AvP in the cinema, over the years I can watch and appreciate it as just a fun and silly, fast-paced action movie. But AvP:R? I saw it in the cinema and never watched it again. I've never owned it, I never downloaded it and when it was starting on the TV, I changed the channel. Absolute garbage.

Also...

The entire recent Halloween trilogy but especially Halloween Ends
Scary Tales: Dead Zone - rubbish portmanteau
Tales from the Other Side - rubbish portmanteau
Bloodthirst - rubbish vampire survival road movie with the evil cop from the Saw films
ZombieTown - they actually got Chevy Chase and Dan Ackroyd to appear in this
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning - it's rubbish. Cheaps out on the gore, adds loads of rubbish humour.
Army of the Dead - Army of the Shit
Share or Die

And controversially, Dawn of the Dead. The original. I know people love it. My best mate does. But I can't watch it. The rubbish zombie effects and atrocious acting are matched by the slow pacing and pretentious messaging. I much preferred the remake.

I agree with 100% on Skinamarink. You have no real idea what's happening, and the kids do most of the talking when there's talking, and there's absolutely no visuals. I think the idea of not seeing much was supposed to make it scary, but it didn't.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

t8mc likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 10th 2024, 10:27 am

I'll say this...The WORSE of the WORSE has to go to Suicide Forest like it was BEYOND obvious LOL!

I even called it out in the theatre.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by t8mc July 10th 2024, 2:08 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I'll say this...The WORSE of the WORSE has to go to Suicide Forest like it was BEYOND obvious LOL!

I just watched a trailer and while it looked like absolute bollocks, it had people, sounds, voices, a story and things to see. So it's definitely better than Skinamarink.
t8mc
t8mc
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 10th 2024, 4:49 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I'll say this...The WORSE of the WORSE has to go to Suicide Forest like it was BEYOND obvious LOL!

I actually fell asleep watching this.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum