Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?

Go down

Should Blumhouse be deserving of the Friday the 13th License?

Yes! (Give it to them!)

No! (Don't give it to them!)

View results

Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?  Empty Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?

Post by Jason Voorhees November 25th 2019, 11:54 pm

Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?  Blumho10
As we all know company Blumhouse wants to make a Friday the 13th film.....but due to the lawsuit, it froze the franchise but....what if they do get the rights would you as fans are alright with that?

If you want to state your opinion on this matter then PLEASE join the forum and discuss why or why not that blumhouse does or doesn't deserve the rights!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?  Empty Re: Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 28th 2024, 5:41 am

Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?  Jasonm10Resurrection! Topic Moved from Archives!

I forgot I made this post!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?  Empty Re: Should BlumHouse gets the Rights to the Friday the 13th License?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 28th 2024, 12:46 pm

I'd trust them more than I would Horror Inc to make another F13 at this point. Let's take how we personally feel about JGTH, X, and FVJ out of the equation for a moment. Would you rather have the company whose creative vision are films like that, or somebody who'll make a film closer in line with the original eight? (I don't count the reboot, since that wasn't only New Line involved) Unless those are the only three films in the franchise you like, I think I know what most of our answers would be.

Once again, try to forget about how you personally felt about the recent Halloween Trilogy, but BlumHouse proved with Halloween 2018 that they can produce a film based on a popular decades old IP and give it a feel that it belongs in that universe while still doing its own thing. In other words, Halloween 2018 feels like its own thing while still feeling like a Halloween movie that belongs in that franchise. Of course this is the same studio that also produced Halloween Ends The New Beginning Staring NOT Michael Myers but still... 2018 proved they can do it. Halloween 2018 felt more like a Halloween Movie than any film New Line has fully produced feels like a Friday the 13th movie.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 28th 2024, 12:57 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I'd trust them more than I would Horror Inc to make another F13 at this point. Let's take how we personally feel about JGTH, X, and FVJ out of the equation for a moment. Would you rather have the company whose creative vision are films like that, or somebody who'll make a film closer in line with the original eight? (I don't count the reboot, since that wasn't only New Line involved) Unless those are the only three films in the franchise you like, I think I know what most of our answers would be.

Once again, try to forget about how you personally felt about the recent Halloween Trilogy, but BlumHouse proved with Halloween 2018 that they can produce a film based on a popular decades old IP and give it a feel that it belongs in that universe while still doing its own thing. In other words, Halloween 2018 feels like its own thing while still feeling like a Halloween movie that belongs in that franchise. Of course this is the same studio that also produced Halloween Ends The New Beginning Staring NOT Michael Myers but still... 2018 proved they can do it. Halloween 2018 felt more like a Halloween Movie than any film New Line has fully produced feels like a Friday the 13th movie.

Hmm what about A24? Would you want them to produce a Friday the 13th Film over a TV series or would you wanna wait for the TV series to be released before having an opinion??
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 28th 2024, 6:30 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I'd trust them more than I would Horror Inc to make another F13 at this point. Let's take how we personally feel about JGTH, X, and FVJ out of the equation for a moment. Would you rather have the company whose creative vision are films like that, or somebody who'll make a film closer in line with the original eight? (I don't count the reboot, since that wasn't only New Line involved) Unless those are the only three films in the franchise you like, I think I know what most of our answers would be.

Hmm what about A24? Would you want them to produce a Friday the 13th Film over a TV series or would you wanna wait for the TV series to be released before having an opinion??

Yeah, I'm not sure about A24. They're very niche, with their offerings tending to be more on the Artsy side... That Wickerman style of folksy horror that can be effective when done right but can also be slow and plodding. The horror films I am aware of produced by them just haven't been for me. Honestly, I'm not sure if they wouldn't view the Slasher Genre as beneath them considering their library.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 29th 2024, 2:13 pm

I'd give it to them on the condition they stay true to the franchise and avoid going Halloween Ends. If they went that way, they forfeit the business.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 31st 2024, 8:43 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure about A24. They're very niche, with their offerings tending to be more on the Artsy side... That Wickerman style of folksy horror that can be effective when done right but can also be slow and plodding. The horror films I am aware of produced by them just haven't been for me. Honestly, I'm not sure if they wouldn't view the Slasher Genre as beneath them considering their library.
That's a very reasonable perspective! I only seen like one or two of their films and I heard "In a Violent Nature" is out and made by them and I'll have to check it out myself.

ThePunisher wrote:I'd give it to them on the condition they stay true to the franchise and avoid going Halloween Ends.  If they went that way, they forfeit the business.

Dang! Haha that's a very specific outcome!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 31st 2024, 4:45 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

That's a very reasonable perspective! I only seen like one or two of their films and I heard "In a Violent Nature" is out and made by them and I'll have to check it out myself.

ThePunisher wrote:I'd give it to them on the condition they stay true to the franchise and avoid going Halloween Ends.  If they went that way, they forfeit the business.

If it gets them to take the franchise seriously, then..........................
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 2nd 2024, 2:52 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I would love for anyone to take it seriously and I know Tom Mcloughlin would!!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 2nd 2024, 4:08 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Got his cell phone number?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 7th 2024, 11:00 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I wish haha I got him on social media and I promote that he should be the director!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 8th 2024, 9:26 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I wish haha I got him on social media and I promote that he should be the director!

Can I join the club?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum