Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystal lake pt 7

Go down

Crystal lake pt 7 Empty Crystal lake pt 7

Post by jasn88cubs November 17th 2021, 2:40 pm

Did they announce why it was named crystal lake in pt 7 again? Since it was Forrest green in part 6
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Crystal lake pt 7 Empty Re: Crystal lake pt 7

Post by Jason Voorhees November 17th 2021, 3:02 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:Did they announce why it was named crystal lake in pt 7 again? Since it was Forrest green in part 6

No they never explain why but I guess it was changed back because of the Killings.

As Tommy Jarvis said "They have to be warned, Sheriff. Jason will return to the area that's familiar. No matter what you call it, it's still Camp Crystal Lake to Him!"

So logically Forest Green would just be Camp Crystal Lake to him and the people of the Town.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 17th 2021, 7:37 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:We'll if I'm being completely honest... It was the seventh installment for a horror franchise during the late 80's, a time period when movie studios still tended to treat horror movies like their bastard problem children they kept locked in a cellar until it was time to make some bank... And all on a 3 million dollar budget. In other words, they probably just didn't care and switched back to the more recognizable Crystal Lake and hoped nobody would notice or care. It kind of worked, I've been a fan of the franchise for decades and never really thought about it.

According to the Friday the 13th wiki, the name was changed back to Crystal Lake to capitalize on the notoriety of the Voorhees murders. I really wouldn't take that seriously though since the same article has this happening in the late 90's which is a decade after Part 7 takes place, and also says the town was founded by Lars Krueger and shared a Halloween festival with neighboring Haddonfield, so somebody might've just been having some fun there.

A potential actual theory I have though is that it was rumored that P7 was originally intended to be a Freddy/Jason crossover but Paramount and New Line couldn't come to an agreement. Again, that's something I read somewhere but had a hard time confirming, so take it with a grain of salt. If true though, that could explain why the switch back was made, as New Line would understandably want Freddy visiting Crystal Lake and not Forest Green, and maybe the change just stuck. Either way you slice, changing the name back to Crystal Lake was in the best interest of the franchise. Crystal Lake is very much a character itself by this point, and almost as synonymous with the franchise as Jason himself.

Oh god that wiki is all over the place with information its not even funny. 🤦🏻

And no you are correct Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood was suppose to be Freddy Vs Jason but due to complications  with story ideas with plots and New Line Cinema later declining the crossover and it was also almost a Jaws rip-off and then turned into Jason Vs Carrie, and more of this could be found in Crystal Lake Memories.

And agreed with that Camp Crystal Lake is synonymous with the franchise.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie November 17th 2021, 9:36 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:We'll if I'm being completely honest... It was the seventh installment for a horror franchise during the late 80's, a time period when movie studios still tended to treat horror movies like their bastard problem children they kept locked in a cellar until it was time to make some bank... And all on a 3 million dollar budget. In other words, they probably just didn't care and switched back to the more recognizable Crystal Lake and hoped nobody would notice or care. It kind of worked, I've been a fan of the franchise for decades and never really thought about it.

According to the Friday the 13th wiki, the name was changed back to Crystal Lake to capitalize on the notoriety of the Voorhees murders. I really wouldn't take that seriously though since the same article has this happening in the late 90's which is a decade after Part 7 takes place, and also says the town was founded by Lars Krueger and shared a Halloween festival with neighboring Haddonfield, so somebody might've just been having some fun there.

A potential actual theory I have though is that it was rumored that P7 was originally intended to be a Freddy/Jason crossover but Paramount and New Line couldn't come to an agreement. Again, that's something I read somewhere but had a hard time confirming, so take it with a grain of salt. If true though, that could explain why the switch back was made, as New Line would understandably want Freddy visiting Crystal Lake and not Forest Green, and maybe the change just stuck. Either way you slice, changing the name back to Crystal Lake was in the best interest of the franchise. Crystal Lake is very much a character itself by this point, and almost as synonymous with the franchise as Jason himself.

And no you are correct Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood was suppose to be Freddy Vs Jason but due to complications  with story ideas with plots and New Line Cinema later declining the crossover and it was also almost a Jaws rip-off and then turned into Jason Vs Carrie, and more of this could be found in Crystal Lake Memories.

I knew I heard/read that rumor somewhere. They definitely made the right choice going with the Jason vs. Carrie Angle... Or Jason vs. Tina in this case.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 17th 2021, 10:52 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I knew I heard/read that rumor somewhere. They definitely made the right choice going with the Jason vs. Carrie Angle... Or Jason vs. Tina in this case.

Agreed
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum