Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite TV Shows Of All Time

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite TV Shows Of All Time Empty Favorite TV Shows Of All Time

Post by Trekapedia August 11th 2021, 11:59 pm

I’ve been thinking a lot about my favorite tv series of all time Smallville and how it’s the 20th anniversary of its debut this year. Is anyone else a Smallville fan and what are some of everyone else’s favorite series? It doesn’t have to be live action either.

I love shows like Batman Beyond, Superman The Animated Series and Pokemon. I got hooked on those shows from the first episode I saw them like with Batman Beyond. When it premiered that Sunday night, January 10th, 1999 on The WB Big Sunday, I was hooked and it became my favorite non anime animated series ever. We had just gotten The WB Television Network where I live at the beginning of the year so less than 2 weeks before. It was really the first new show I’d watched on the network. They did a fantastic job of carrying on the legacy of Batman The Animated Series and it never felt hokey or cheesy. Anyone else?
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Favorite TV Shows Of All Time Empty Re: Favorite TV Shows Of All Time

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 24th 2021, 5:31 pm

Sorry I just saw this topic thread today would have responded a long time ago…
Ok, so most of my Favorite TV Shows are crime dramas horror shows and apocalyptic type shows.

My favorites are:
The Shield from FX
Daredevil Netflix
The Walking Dead AMC
The Incredible Hulk Bill Bixby Lou Ferrigno Hulk from the 70’s
Hannibal NBC
Bates Motel A&E
Friends
True Blood HBO
Preacher AMC
NCIS
Dexter Showtime
Seinfeld
Spartacus on Stars
Werewolf show from 1987

As for Animation:
Spawn on HBO
Batman the animated series
X-Men from the 90’s
Voltron 80’s
He-Man 80’s
The Incredible Hulk 90’s

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs September 25th 2021, 9:13 am

Cheers, Seinfeld, Andy Griffith, Home Improvement
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 25th 2021, 4:36 pm

I loved Cheers !!
Forgot to put that on the list !
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 26th 2021, 4:57 am

Love those shows too. I also love Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Supernatural, Dragon Ball, Dragonball Z, Arrow, The Flash, Stargirl, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Doctor Who and All That. I’ll think up some more later but those are the ones I can remember. Oh and Quantum Leap and Night Court.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 26th 2021, 11:37 pm

Favorite TV Show of all time? man...

Cartoons: Samurai Jack
Anime: Berserk (or Naruto)
Sitcom: Scrubs
Drama: Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
Horror: Dexter
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play September 27th 2021, 12:14 am

I have to thank each of you for reminding me of the fond memories television has given me.
There's so much quality television, it's hard to narrow the list down, but I'll give it a go.

Anime: Anything Gundam, anything Yu-Gi-Oh!, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Black Clover

Animated: Anything TMNT, Thundercats, Dungeons & Dragons, 90s Spider-Man

Classic TV: Hunter, MacGyver, Knight Rider

Modern TV: Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Chicago Fire/Med/PD

Trekapedia wrote:I love shows like Batman Beyond, Superman The Animated Series and Pokemon. I got hooked on those shows from the first episode I saw them like with Batman Beyond.

I enjoyed these shows when they debuted, and still do to this day.

My love of Pokemon as a series transferred over to the games as well.

Oct 31 1978 wrote:The Walking Dead AMC
The Incredible Hulk Bill Bixby Lou Ferrigno Hulk from the 70’s
Bates Motel A&E
True Blood HBO
Preacher AMC
NCIS
Spartacus on Stars

Spawn on HBO
Batman the animated series
X-Men from the 90’s
Voltron 80’s
He-Man 80’s
The Incredible Hulk 90’s

I enjoyed these too.

jasn88cubs wrote:Cheers, Seinfeld, Andy Griffith, Home Improvement

This is a nice selection of epic comedy.

I used to watch Andy Griffith with my grandfather.

Trekapedia wrote:I also love Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Supernatural, Dragon Ball, Dragonball Z, Arrow, The Flash, Stargirl, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Doctor Who and All That. I’ll think up some more later but those are the ones I can remember. Oh and Quantum Leap and Night Court.

You sound like as much of a CW/WB enthusiast as I am.

I love a good episode of Quantum Leap and Night Court whenever I get a chance.

Jason Voorhees wrote:Samurai Jack
Naruto
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

You, sir, have exquisite tastes.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 27th 2021, 7:50 pm

@Fair Play wrote:You, sir, have exquisite tastes.

Thank you! I forgot to have in Horror to also put in The Walking Dead as well, I watched since its premier on AMC.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 27th 2021, 9:00 pm

Fair Play, I’m definitely a big WB enthusiast and I’ve come around on The CW. I wasn’t too happy with how they treated Smallville and Supernatural when the network first began, especially that person who was in charge HATES those shows. She took away their budgets and gave it to her favorite shows like The Vampire Diaries. She was quoted as saying Smallville and Supernatural weren’t her shows because she didn’t help create them so she could treat the shows badly.

I came around on CW after that person left and the network got better thank goodness. I love how shows like Arrow and The Flash are allowed to tell stories and Stargirl has quickly become one of my favorite shows of all time along with the two I just mentioned. I grew up with shows like Buffy, Angel, Smallville and Supernatural along with Lois & Clark and Quantum Leap like I said earlier so to see good genre shows like The Flash and Stargirl thriving makes me happy. But at first, when it became CW, I was not happy with how the shows were treated.

Also, I miss having a weekday afternoon and weekend cartoon lineup. The Disney Afternoon, Fox Kids and Kids’ WB! were three of my favorite blocks and lineups and networks and I think when Kids’ WB! especially shut down, The WB lost a big part of its identity and what made it special. I identify a lot with Kids’ WB! because it was just awesome and made me happy. I got to go home from school and work and watch great shows like Pokemon, Batman Beyond, Superman The Animated Series, Jackie Chan Adventures and other programming. Once it was gone, which is because advertisers wanted the slots to sell more adult products, it felt like the network got a little less friendly you know? But yeah just I miss those shows and I do think someday we will see the weekday slots come back for kids programming but those are some of my favorite shows ever. I’ll list more when I think of them.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play September 28th 2021, 1:12 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:Thank you! I forgot to have in Horror to also put in The Walking Dead as well, I watched since its premier on AMC.

I've been watching it since the beginning as well. The same holds true for the other two as well.

Trekapedia wrote:Fair Play, I’m definitely a big WB enthusiast and I’ve come around on The CW. I wasn’t too happy with how they treated Smallville and Supernatural when the network first began, especially that person who was in charge HATES those shows. She took away their budgets and gave it to her favorite shows like The Vampire Diaries. She was quoted as saying Smallville and Supernatural weren’t her shows because she didn’t help create them so she could treat the shows badly.

I came around on CW after that person left and the network got better thank goodness. I love how shows like Arrow and The Flash are allowed to tell stories and Stargirl has quickly become one of my favorite shows of all time along with the two I just mentioned. I grew up with shows like Buffy, Angel, Smallville and Supernatural along with Lois & Clark and Quantum Leap like I said earlier so to see good genre shows like The Flash and Stargirl thriving makes me happy. But at first, when it became CW, I was not happy with how the shows were treated.

Also, I miss having a weekday afternoon and weekend cartoon lineup. The Disney Afternoon, Fox Kids and Kids’ WB! were three of my favorite blocks and lineups and networks and I think when Kids’ WB! especially shut down, The WB lost a big part of its identity and what made it special. I identify a lot with Kids’ WB! because it was just awesome and made me happy. I got to go home from school and work and watch great shows like Pokemon, Batman Beyond, Superman The Animated Series, Jackie Chan Adventures and other programming. Once it was gone, which is because advertisers wanted the slots to sell more adult products, it felt like the network got a little less friendly you know? But yeah just I miss those shows and I do think someday we will see the weekday slots come back for kids programming but those are some of my favorite shows ever. I’ll list more when I think of them.

My own experiences were quite similar growing up. I enjoyed most of the same shows.

The Disney Afternoon was very entertaining back then. Disney's cartoons as a whole were much more appealing back then in comparison to a lot of their cartoons of now. Aladdin, Gargoyles, Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck were among my favorites.

I'm enjoying all of the CW superhero shows, especially Stargirl and Batwoman.

I enjoyed The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural.

I am intrigued by the return of Legends of the Hidden Temple on the CW.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 28th 2021, 5:06 am

Yeah I’m hoping The CW does a good job with Legends Of The Hidden Temple. That was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

Batwoman is a really good show too. I get it’s not for everyone, but some of the people online that I’ve seen seem to just rip it because they like to be mean. I swear most of those people have only seen the previews or clips of it. It’s a fun show.

Stargirl is fun too. It feels like perfect casting to me as well and I love what the new season is doing.

Darkwing Duck and Ducktales were my two favorite Disney Afternoon shows but I really enjoyed them all. They felt like they all clicked and worked well together in the lineup.

I swear Kids’ WB! had a major uphill battle when it first started. It was mainly on WGN and they had to share time with that network. When shows like Superman: The Animated Series premiered, it was on The WB Friday Night but since we didn’t have The WB as it’s own network here yet, I had to wait for the next day to watch the premiere which was pretty funny because it was after Kids’ WB! that day. But here, Kids’ WB! was on Sunday mornings because WGN had sports and news and other stuff on Saturday mornings. That’s ok because it made it feel more special to me when I could watch the cartoons on Sunday mornings.

I still remember Wizard Magazine promoting the living daylights out of the new Superman: The Animated Series so I was hyped for it and it definitely lived up to the hype for me. That was my favorite Kids’ WB! series until Batman Beyond and then Pokemon premiered. Batman Beyond was awesome and I even remember Starlog Magazine doing articles about it and saying how some fans were angry it wasn’t Kevin Conroy as Batman this time. I knew he was on the show though and also that it was from the same folks as Batman: The Animated Series so I loved it from the jump. Pokemon it took me awhile to actually watch. It was syndicated and aired on weekdays half an hour or an hour BEFORE Kids’ WB! would air once we got our own The WB Television Network. Then it would air as part of the actual lineup. My sister told me how good it was so I checked it out. Before I saw it I was like so he catches these things and they fight? Once I saw it though, I got it immediately and was hooked. It’s now my favorite Kids’ WB! series and my favorite anime ever.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi April 18th 2022, 9:26 pm

Im obsessed with Paranormal tv shows.
I Love T.A.P.S Ghost Hunters.
I Love the tv show A Haunting on Discovery networks and travel channel.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 19th 2022, 4:14 pm

Darrin/Strigoi wrote:Im obsessed with Paranormal tv shows.
I Love T.A.P.S Ghost Hunters.
I Love the tv show A Haunting on Discovery networks and travel channel.
Got to watch some Ghost Adventures!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Darrin/Strigoi and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi April 19th 2022, 4:40 pm

Yes. Im a Huge Zakk Baggans fan.
Im a Paranormal tv junkie.
I Dont have the patience to watch movies on tv unless its really good.
The only sitcoms i can watch are The Big Bang Theory and Married with Children.
Most sitcoms seem boring and dumb to me.
Im thinking about getting a netflix subscription.
Usually the only thing i can watch on tv are paranormal tv shows on the Travel Channel,Fox News or NFL Games or UFC Fights.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 19th 2022, 4:44 pm

Darrin/Strigoi wrote:Yes. Im a Huge Zakk Baggans fan.
Im a Paranormal tv junkie.
I Dont have the patience to watch movies on tv unless its really good.
The only sitcoms i can watch are The Big Bang Theory and Married with Children.
Most sitcoms seem boring and dumb to me.
Im thinking about getting a netflix subscription.
Usually the only thing i can watch on tv are paranormal tv shows on the Travel Channel,Fox News or NFL Games or UFC Fights.
Hell yeah!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 April 19th 2022, 7:17 pm

Trekapedia wrote:I’ve been thinking a lot about my favorite tv series of all time Smallville and how it’s the 20th anniversary of its debut this year. Is anyone else a Smallville fan and what are some of everyone else’s favorite series? It doesn’t have to be live action either.

I love shows like Batman Beyond, Superman The Animated Series and Pokemon. I got hooked on those shows from the first episode I saw them like with Batman Beyond. When it premiered that Sunday night, January 10th, 1999 on The WB Big Sunday, I was hooked and it became my favorite non anime animated series ever. We had just gotten The WB Television Network where I live at the beginning of the year so less than 2 weeks before. It was really the first new show I’d watched on the network. They did a fantastic job of carrying on the legacy of Batman The Animated Series and it never felt hokey or cheesy. Anyone else?

I don’t know how I’m just seeing this post. To answer your question, is anyone else a fan of Smallville? Hell yes! I was glued to the tv every week when Smallville was coming on. Ended up getting the entire series on DVD. I would have loved to see at least one more season after Tom Welling completed the journey from Clark to Superman, but they said from the start they weren’t going to have flights or tights. We had to settle for the CGI costume in the series finale. I have heard that they are making an animated series with Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum at the helm though.

As for fave tv shows, mine are:

Old School
A-Team
Knight Rider
Incredible Hulk (Lou and Bill)
Greatest American Hero

Not so Distant Past
Smallville
Heroes
CSI (original Las Vegas)

Current
Anything Marvel related on Disney + (really enjoying Moon Knight)
The Flash (when I remember it’s on)

Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play April 20th 2022, 5:03 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:I don’t know how I’m just seeing this post. To answer your question, is anyone else a fan of Smallville? Hell yes! I was glued to the tv every week when Smallville was coming on. Ended up getting the entire series on DVD. I would have loved to see at least one more season after Tom Welling completed the journey from Clark to Superman, but they said from the start they weren’t going to have flights or tights. We had to settle for the CGI costume in the series finale. I have heard that they are making an animated series with Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum at the helm though.

Old School
A-Team
Knight Rider
Greatest American Hero

Not so Distant Past
Smallville
Heroes
CSI (original Las Vegas)

Current

I'm a die hard Knight Rider fan.

I also forget about the Flash. I set it to record so I can keep up with it. The same holds true for Riverdale.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 21st 2022, 12:26 pm

Sons of Anarchy, Mayans, Gotham, Eureka, Vikings, Last Kingdom, Stranger Things, Mandalorian, Deadliest Warrior, Red vs. Blue, Scooby-Doo Where Are You?, Gilligan's Island, F-Troop, Hogan's Heroes, My Name is Earl, A-team, Airwolf, and Tales of the Gold Monkey. I also liked liked The Haunting of Hill House, Haunting of Bly Manor, and Midnight Mass
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 21st 2022, 10:37 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:I’ve been thinking a lot about my favorite tv series of all time Smallville and how it’s the 20th anniversary of its debut this year. Is anyone else a Smallville fan and what are some of everyone else’s favorite series? It doesn’t have to be live action either.

I don’t know how I’m just seeing this post. To answer your question, is anyone else a fan of Smallville? Hell yes! I was glued to the tv every week when Smallville was coming on. Ended up getting the entire series on DVD. I would have loved to see at least one more season after Tom Welling completed the journey from Clark to Superman, but they said from the start they weren’t going to have flights or tights. We had to settle for the CGI costume in the series finale. I have heard that they are making an animated series with Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum at the helm though.

Old School
A-Team
Knight Rider
Greatest American Hero

Not so Distant Past
Smallville
Heroes
CSI (original Las Vegas)

Current

I see you are a man of culture! I see a few TV shows I use to watch.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 10th 2022, 10:22 pm

Glad to see some more Smallville fans are here. I loved it from day one and it never got old for me.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Dragonfire82877 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 6:11 pm

Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Justified
Sons Of Anarchy
Firefly
Big Bang Theory
Scrubs
Seinfeld
Forensic Files
Dateline
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 23rd 2022, 6:25 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Justified
Sons Of Anarchy
Firefly
Big Bang Theory
Scrubs
Seinfeld
Forensic Files
Dateline
I've watched half the list you put!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 23rd 2022, 7:31 pm

I Like classic cartoons like Heman and the Masters of the Universe.
Im a big Masters of The Universe collector.
i bought the new dvd collection.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny June 10th 2022, 11:47 pm

Twilight Zone
Gomer Pyle
The Honeymooners
Sanford and Son
Maude
Newhart
ALF
The Golden Girls
The Wonder Years
Veep

The Sopranos
Party of Five
Parenthood
Matlock
Law and Order
Law and Order: Criminal Intent

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 11th 2022, 2:51 pm

Darrin/Strigoi wrote:I Like classic cartoons like Heman and the Masters of the Universe.
Im a big Masters of The Universe collector.
i bought the new dvd collection.

What did you think of the New Masters of the Universe Netflix shows ?
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum