Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The MPAA

Go down

The MPAA Empty The MPAA

Post by ThePunisher August 3rd 2021, 7:27 am

In your opinion, has the MPAA always attacked the Friday the 13th movies unfairly with censorship?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

The MPAA Empty Re: The MPAA

Post by Jason Voorhees August 3rd 2021, 9:17 pm

ThePunisher wrote:In your opinion, has the MPAA always attacked the Friday the 13th movies unfairly with censorship?

Thats what I dont understand....they allowed

Part 2-4 with alot of Gore from blood and dismemberment.

Part 5 was meh on Gore factor so it didnt get butchered.

Part 6 did the same similar with the gore, blood, and dismemberments with Part 3/4 level special effects.

Now we getting to the MOST butchered in the entire franchise with great sadness....

Friday the 13th the New Blood...

This was and is the most BUTCHERED film in the franchise by the MPAA the AMAZING and I mean AMAZING kills created by the great late John Carl Buechler.

These amazing kills were wrongly cut!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 4th 2021, 3:23 am

The video is ironically age restricted
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 4th 2021, 11:42 am

SlasherxKing wrote:The video is ironically age restricted

Sadly. Part 7 Jason
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 4th 2021, 11:43 pm

Yup I don’t know why they attacked The New Blood like that. They were always pretty harsh to the movies starting with Part 2, mainly because other movies would come out and say “well you let Friday The 13th get away with this” so once Part 2 rolled around, MPAA started taking it out on them.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 5th 2021, 5:25 pm

Movies are art, regardless of quality, whatever happened to freedom of expression? And who the hell wants to see Jason in a PG-13 film? I'm glad the game didn't shy away from being brutal with the kills... I just wish the graphics were a little more detailed.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 5th 2021, 5:54 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:Movies are art, regardless of quality, whatever happened to freedom of expression? And who the hell wants to see Jason in a PG-13 film? I'm glad the game didn't shy away from being brutal with the kills... I just wish the graphics were a little more detailed.

Haha 10x better than DbD by alot!

The MPAA is so weird with their wants.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 6th 2021, 9:23 pm

Agreed Jason, they screen one reel at a time and won’t tell you exactly what to trim but they just say oh you need to cut this.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th August 7th 2021, 7:09 pm

Yup they did this to Freddy Krueger when the mpaa attacked A nightmare on elm Street so the mpaa said hmm we Screwed Jason Why not do Freddy?
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 9th 2021, 4:23 am

Not surprised, they seem to take shots at horror most of all sadly.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 9th 2021, 5:59 am

Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:Yup they did this to Freddy Krueger when the mpaa attacked A nightmare on elm Street so the mpaa said hmm we Screwed Jason Why not do Freddy?

Yeah I noticed the MPAA just goes for any 80s slashers.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 9th 2021, 1:44 pm

Maybe if parents actually did their job and looked at the ratings before letting their kids watch something, they wouldn't need to butcher the movies more than Jason butchers his victims.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 9th 2021, 1:48 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:Maybe if parents actually did their job and looked at the ratings before letting their kids watch something, they wouldn't need to butcher the movies more than Jason butchers his victims.

I sadly can and cant agree with this since my Mom let me watch horor movies because she knew how much I loved them lol...but during that time? Yeaaah I agree.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 11th 2021, 12:53 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:Maybe if parents actually did their job and looked at the ratings before letting their kids watch something, they wouldn't need to butcher the movies more than Jason butchers his victims.

I sadly can and cant agree with this since my Mom let me watch horor movies because she knew how much I loved them lol...but during that time? Yeaaah I agree.

Heh, yeah, I know what you mean, I watched M rated stuff as a kid too, but I think it's a bit overkill to let kids watch R rated stuff or play R rated games. Not just because of it being too much for kids, but also because of stuff that happen with games like F13 the game. Squeakers ruin everything, the vast majority of Jason teamers are kids who have no clue what sportsmanship is.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 11th 2021, 11:27 pm

I watched horror movies ever since I was like 11 or 12 but I know what you mean about parents being more careful. I think with me, it was ok because at a young age I was taught it was fiction and not to imitate them. I never wanted to imitate them anyway and just knew it was a fun time because Freddy and Jason weren’t real and the actors who played them were careful when they acted out the scenes.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

SlasherxKing likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 12th 2021, 9:07 am

Trekapedia wrote:I watched horror movies ever since I was like 11 or 12 but I know what you mean about parents being more careful. I think with me, it was ok because at a young age I was taught it was fiction and not to imitate them. I never wanted to imitate them anyway and just knew it was a fun time because Freddy and Jason weren’t real and the actors who played them were careful when they acted out the scenes.

Yeah, some kids are more mature for their age. I like Kane Hodder because he can make the actions and kills look real and brutal, but also do it in a way that doesn't hurt the other actors.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 12th 2021, 1:43 pm

MPAA were incredibly over strict with the ratings of the F13 films…….in my opinion the censorship was unnecessary given the fact that the movies where about an undead killer who keeps coming back to kill some more. The MPAA’s censoring of these types of films shows the utter lack of understanding about the entertainment these films provide.

They never took into account the audience that watch’s these films and that we should be able to decide whether a film like this is acceptable entertainment…… For them it was always about limiting what was shown…..
Not sure why they were so harsh with f13 because by today’s standards the violence shown in rated R movies would have been X rated in the 80’s.
The audience that watches these movies already knows what they are going to see and what is entertaining about these kinds of movies….. seeing Jason with his machete is scary but seeing what he does with it is what we all wanted to see …..

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 12th 2021, 9:49 pm

I find it really funny that they were really harsh with the Friday The 13th movies when some of them, like Jason Lives, weren’t nearly as graphic or over the top as some other movies that came out back then. If you look at Part VI, that movie would be a soft R today. Except for one scene, there was very little blood and the director said he went towards bloodless kills like the one in the RV with the girl in the bathroom and the sheriff being bent over backwards. However, the MPAA jumped all over them and came down very hard on them, especially when it came to the cracking noises during that death of the Sheriff. Basically, what I’m saying is if those three words of FRIDAY THE 13TH were associated with it, they already had two strikes against them in the eyes of the ratings board.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 13th 2021, 5:51 pm

Trekapedia wrote:I find it really funny that they were really harsh with the Friday The 13th movies when some of them, like Jason Lives, weren’t nearly as graphic or over the top as some other movies that came out back then. If you look at Part VI, that movie would be a soft R today. Except for one scene, there was very little blood and the director said he went towards bloodless kills like the one in the RV with the girl in the bathroom and the sheriff being bent over backwards. However, the MPAA jumped all over them and came down very hard on them, especially when it came to the cracking noises during that death of the Sheriff. Basically, what I’m saying is if those three words of FRIDAY THE 13TH were associated with it, they already had two strikes against them in the eyes of the ratings board.

Yeah there was definitely a vendetta against F13…… in the 80’s the MPAA were getting complaints letters left and right from movie reviewers and Parents who In my opinion are to blame for bringing or letting a kid see these movies prior to deciding if they were ok with their kids watching these Types of films…. My parents allowed me to watch horror movies from the ripe age of 5 years old Halloween 2 was my first Horror movie and I have loved them ever since…. My parents also took the time to talk to me and my brother about what we like about the movies and explained all things about the movie making process….. like actors, fake blood how they made the kills look real…

It actually fostered an appreciation for all things film, and it’s something I have done with my two kiddos as well.
They love all movies and really love watching scary movies with dad on the weekends.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 14th 2021, 8:09 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:I find it really funny that they were really harsh with the Friday The 13th movies when some of them, like Jason Lives, weren’t nearly as graphic or over the top as some other movies that came out back then. If you look at Part VI, that movie would be a soft R today. Except for one scene, there was very little blood and the director said he went towards bloodless kills like the one in the RV with the girl in the bathroom and the sheriff being bent over backwards. However, the MPAA jumped all over them and came down very hard on them, especially when it came to the cracking noises during that death of the Sheriff. Basically, what I’m saying is if those three words of FRIDAY THE 13TH were associated with it, they already had two strikes against them in the eyes of the ratings board.

Yeah there was definitely a vendetta against F13…… in the 80’s the MPAA were getting complaints letters left and right from movie reviewers and Parents who In my opinion are to blame for bringing or letting a kid see these movies prior to deciding if they were ok with their kids watching these Types of films…. My parents allowed me to watch horror movies from the ripe age of 5 years old Halloween 2 was my first Horror movie and I have loved them ever  since…. My parents also took the time to talk to me and my brother about what we like about the movies and explained all things about the movie making process….. like actors, fake blood how they made the kills look real…

It actually fostered an appreciation for all things film, and it’s something I have done with my two kiddos as well.
They love all movies and really love watching scary movies with dad on the weekends.
Yeaaaah I didnt tell people that haha I told people because of the kills, blood, and gore, I was a child watching these films and just how Halloween 2 was your first, Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood was mine, I noticed the kills werent over the top but yet I loved the slasher sub-genre and the horror genre ever since, thats why Im such a huge fan of Kane Hodder. Part 7 Jason
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 27th 2021, 11:27 pm

Kane Hodder is awesome and one of my friends got to meet him more than once. She told him for me that I loved Jason X and he said ty and that he appreciated it. She told me that in a message while I was on break at work and it made my day.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play October 1st 2021, 1:52 am

It's interesting how strict the MPAA were back then in comparison to now.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 1st 2021, 2:45 pm

Fair Play wrote:It's interesting how strict the MPAA were back then in comparison to now.

Yeah the movies today would never eeeeeeeeevvvvveerrr…..have been allowed to be R rated movies in the 80’s……perfect example the Deadpool movies for sure would have been NC-17 to X rated let alone the horror movies of today.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum