Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st movie you saw

Go down

1st movie you saw Empty 1st movie you saw

Post by jasn88cubs June 30th 2021, 9:00 am

first one i saw was actually the original.

I was very young though and I missed most of it being scared lol

I think the first one I fully saw was the 3rd one

I do recall seeing pt 8 the first time, I tuned in and it was the scene where Renee has the flashback with her Uncle at the lake and he pushes her in to learn how to swim and Jason grabs her. i remember being really confused lol

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 95
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 30th 2021, 7:33 pm

Part V was the first I ever watched in full, which is why I have more affection for that film than a lot of fans do. I didn't know enough about the franchise yet to be upset that Roy wasn't actually Jason... In fact, I was at an age that I don't even think it registered with me the first time I watched the film that the killer wasn't actually Jason.

The film of my youth was technically P8 since that one was released at a time I was old enough to remember the Ad campaign. A bunch of people in downtown Manhattan screaming, and then they pan to Kane's Jason in the city. Of course I was too young to be interested in horror movies at the time, but I was becoming aware of them.

Five was the first I watched though. Can't remember if it was on of those USA late night block programs, or if it was Monster-Vision. I do remember I saw most of them for the first time on TNT with Joe Bob Briggs. 'Til this day I still remember him smashing both the MPAA and TNT for how they butchered most of the kills in editing. I also believe TNT didn't have rights to screen one of the films and he threw a fit about that too. Remember when TV used to be fun?
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Hiker
Hiker

Gender : Male
Posts : 62
Join Date : 2020-11-03
Location : Haddonfield Illinois

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by jasn88cubs June 30th 2021, 8:51 pm

yep I remember those days lol they wer emuch better

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 95
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Jason Voorhees July 1st 2021, 5:04 pm

My first Friday the 13th film? It would be Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood

I watched it as a kid and ever since I loved the franchise despite me watching it out of order from the films itself.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 656
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Trekapedia July 2nd 2021, 12:01 pm

So hard to remember but I think the first I ever saw was Part 3. I remember tuning in to watch it on The New TNN but it was supposed to be Jason Lives. However, the channel goofed and aired Part 3 instead while the showing had the NOW SHOWING FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI thing on the bottom the entire night. It didn’t matter though because I was hooked from the first viewing. After that, I would go rent and buy the videos and loving the From Crystal Lake To Manhattan dvd set when it came out.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 42
Gender : Male
Posts : 182
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Jason Voorhees July 3rd 2021, 3:22 pm

@Trekapedia wrote:So hard to remember but I think the first I ever saw was Part 3. I remember tuning in to watch it on The New TNN but it was supposed to be Jason Lives. However, the channel goofed and aired Part 3 instead while the showing had the NOW SHOWING FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI thing on the bottom the entire night. It didn’t matter though because I was hooked from the first viewing. After that, I would go rent and buy the videos and loving the From Crystal Lake To Manhattan dvd set when it came out.

I know back then the Friday the 13th franchise was far into loving Jason at that point!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 656
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Trekapedia July 5th 2021, 10:56 pm

What’s really weird is that Paramount was hesitant to put out special edition DVDs and wasn’t sure they’d sell. Fortunately, the From Crystal Lake To Manhattan set sold like gangbusters and let Paramount know the fans would be there to buy them.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 42
Gender : Male
Posts : 182
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Jason Voorhees July 6th 2021, 7:53 am

@Trekapedia wrote:What’s really weird is that Paramount was hesitant to put out special edition DVDs and wasn’t sure they’d sell. Fortunately, the From Crystal Lake To Manhattan set sold like gangbusters and let Paramount know the fans would be there to buy them.

These big companies need to stop doubting themselves!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 656
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Trekapedia July 10th 2021, 3:24 am

@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@Trekapedia wrote:What’s really weird is that Paramount was hesitant to put out special edition DVDs and wasn’t sure they’d sell. Fortunately, the From Crystal Lake To Manhattan set sold like gangbusters and let Paramount know the fans would be there to buy them.

These big companies need to stop doubting themselves!

I agree. The fanbase gladly supports physical media releases. I think we were happy we got more dvds with special features because back then, the only DVDs were the bare bones ones. So once they released the special editions starting with the From Crystal Lake To Manhattan box set, the fans were more than happy to get them.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 42
Gender : Male
Posts : 182
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty first movie I saw

Post by ThePunisher July 20th 2021, 1:39 pm

The first Friday the 13th movie I saw was part 3 in 3D. I have a soft spot for that one. i also have a soft spot for Jason X. I saw that one when it came out, and I was the only one in the theatre.

ThePunisher
Town Looney
Town Looney

Age : 53
Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Trekapedia July 20th 2021, 10:08 pm

You have good taste! I remember watching Jason X in the theatre and it actually had quite a few people in the audience. I remember promoting that movie so much lol! One of my friends called me the one man street team for how much I promoted Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 42
Gender : Male
Posts : 182
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by ThePunisher July 26th 2021, 2:55 pm

@Trekapedia wrote:You have good taste! I remember watching Jason X in the theatre and it actually had quite a few people in the audience. I remember promoting that movie so much lol! One of my friends called me the one man street team for how much I promoted Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason.

Thanks!!!!

Hopefully, this whole lawsuit will get settled and we'll get another movie.

ThePunisher
Town Looney
Town Looney

Age : 53
Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Trekapedia July 26th 2021, 10:16 pm

Very welcome and I wholeheartedly agree! There’s two lawsuits now because Sean S. Cunningham now is suing Paramount and WB I think stating he deserves more money. This is getting ridiculous with the lawsuits. We just want another good movie to keep Jason in our hearts and minds.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 42
Gender : Male
Posts : 182
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by SonofOdin6039 August 2nd 2021, 9:07 pm

First one I actually saw was Part 3 and was instantly hooked. I thought I had to see the first two after that and was thrown off when I saw Pamela was the killer. When Jason leaped out of the lake at the end, I was like, ah, okay there he is. Part 2 was next, and after that I kept up with the franchise. Imagine my excitement with the release of the Friday the 13th TV series, only to have my excitement crushed when all it involved was cursed objects. Like Halloween, I always see the newest release of each film. Cheers and game on, my friends

SonofOdin6039
Town Resident
Town Resident

Gender : Male
Posts : 49
Join Date : 2020-11-12
Location : Peoria Heights, Illinois

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

1st movie you saw Empty Re: 1st movie you saw

Post by Trekapedia August 2nd 2021, 10:41 pm

@SonofOdin6039 wrote:First one I actually saw was Part 3 and was instantly hooked. I thought I had to see the first two after that and was thrown off when I saw Pamela was the killer. When Jason leaped out of the lake at the end, I was like, ah, okay there he is. Part 2 was next, and after that I kept up with the franchise. Imagine my excitement with the release of the Friday the 13th TV series, only to have my excitement crushed when all it involved was cursed objects. Like Halloween, I always see the newest release of each film. Cheers and game on, my friends

I know what you mean about being instantly hooked. I swear I said “why haven’t I watched these before?!?” Like I said the first one I saw in its entirety was Part 3 but I remember tuning in after WCW Monday Nitro one time and I saw the part of Jason Lives with the RV and was like “that’s pretty cool!” but I had to get to bed for my summer job and didn’t get to watch the rest. That’s back when WWF Monday Night RAW and WCW Monday Nitro were on later because we had Comcast instead of DirecTV. I think that’s back when they were doing the “Who is the third man?” storyline on WCW Monday Nitro and we saw Kevin Nash and Scott Hall scoping everyone out. Good times back when USA and TNT aired good stuff after wrestling on Mondays and the weekends.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 42
Gender : Male
Posts : 182
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

SonofOdin6039 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum