Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review

Go down

Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Empty Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review

Post by Jason Voorhees June 12th 2021, 9:52 pm

Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 20210810

Disclaimer

This review is NOT about pure hate, overall fanboying, or biased views but A PERSONAL and HONEST perception of the fan film Jason Rising! The rating system based on this review is based on a scale of 5 stars each point will be given an official rating, and to remind this is my opinion! I AM NOT A ROTTEN TOMATOES CRITIC I AM A FAN OF THE SERIES! I KEEP IT REAL!

Spoilers Alert

THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE FAN FILM KNOWN AS JASON RISING! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPOILERS DO NOT READ THIS POST BELOW! THIS IS AND WILL ONLY BE YOUR WARNING! SO GO WATCH THE FILM FIRST AND THEN COME BACK AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN REVIEW!

Story

Here is the simple summary:
Summary of Jason Rising wrote:A group of escaped fugitives is on the run they are hunted by an elite group of trackers and bounty hunters but little do they know they are the hunted when they enter the hallowed grounds of Jason Voorhees at Camp Crysta Lake.

In my honest opinion, the "Fugitive" and "Prisoner" is something done within Voorhees and Vengeance, but mind everyone this isn't a bad thing it can work better for some and not others, but this one played it smart and didn't give them "Backstories" since we wouldn't be rooting for them anyway just gives us a motive of why we shouldn't like the prisoners and why we should root for Jason to off them quickly!

My Rating is a: 3/5 Stars
Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S311

Action

From the gunplay to the up close and personal kills/combat were amazingly choreographed! whoever idea was it to add the gun conflict, which was mainly seen in Part VI and Part X it's something we don't usually see and I love seeing just how directors/writers would make their interpretation of Jason looking invulnerable and unstoppable

My Rating is a: 4/5 Stars
Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S411

Jason Actor

Dan Kyle definitely brings his "Ted White" on! the overall nature of Part 4 Jason vs the undead versions in later films was the fact that Part 4 Jason was more mobile and quicker and I believe Dan Kyle truly does match this! his body movement and his aggressive nature helped him nail this role! not just that but the design of the hockey mask truly sells it! the clothing is a more weathered Part 4 which isn't bad BUT it makes up for it given that Dan here has the best height and build for a Part 4 Jason! well done Dan! hope to see you in Jason Rising Part 2? Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 1f440

My Rating: Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S511 5 out of 5 stars! I don't need to say much here the guy truly nailed this performance as a silent killer! hopefully, other producers/directors will have Dan here be a new upcoming slasher!

Music

The composer did their best to keep in line with the theme of the franchise, its something most fan films have tried to do their best to keep it as suspenseful and ominous as possible and I believe in my own opinion they kept to what Harry Manfredini wanted for the franchise he helps composed for.

My Rating: 4/5 Stars from me! Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S411

Special Effects

As anyone knows, Im a big fan of practical effects gore, and blood, and this film had a very decent amount of Gore, the most poorly given one in the film has to be the spinal rip scene, it looked way too fake even for me, overall they did amazing with the blood and I'll give them 3 out of 5 stars for this category!

My Rating: Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S311

Kills

The kills were like NHA where it's minimal but doesn't make it worse and if I have to give the best kill to the Hammer, it was simple yet brutal, and I have to say having about 5 or 6 kills even in a Friday fan film isn't a bad thing and for me, it's about the brutality and with Zombie Pamela Voorhees did just that, along with her death by the hands of Alice Hardy (Again, ha)

My Rating: Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S511 5 out of 5 stars for me! I love seeing a body count!

Pros and Cons

AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION!

The Pros:

• Jason design looks fucking BADASS!
  • No CGI that I could see whatsoever!
  • Jason using a chainsaw!
  • Surpising F13 Alumi's making an appearance.
  • Sequel build-up so we could get a Jason Rising 2!
  • No Mention of the Necronomicon ex mortis
  • A nice version of Part 2 is being reimagined.
  • Undead Pamela Voorhees!
  • Mother and Son killing spree.

The Cons:

• Not enough of Undead Pamela Voorhees
  • Pamela Voorhees was killed off near the climax
  • Not enough bodies...
  • The Dick scene wasn't really necessary.  Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 1f605

My Official Rating

The verdict is in...Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S411 an exact 4/5 star rating for me! overall the movie has its faults BUT it was still entertaining for those who are a fan of Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter is worth giving a chance! and if you like Never Hike Alone the same man who acts as Jason Voorhees himself makes a Cameo!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Empty Re: Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 29th 2021, 4:07 pm

Looks good can’t wait for it to release!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Empty Re: Jason Rising (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review

Post by Jason Voorhees June 29th 2021, 4:58 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Looks good can’t wait for it to release!

Same here! I backed the film as well!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 30th 2021, 1:03 pm

Sweet!!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum