Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is exploiting, exactly?

Go down

What is exploiting, exactly? Empty What is exploiting, exactly?

Post by gettodachappa May 14th 2021, 8:41 pm

Exploiting is a form of cheating butnit seems other people call out others for exploiting while not even being a glitch or even anything of that.
gettodachappa
gettodachappa
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

What is exploiting, exactly? Empty Re: What is exploiting, exactly?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 16th 2021, 10:06 am

gettodachappa wrote:Exploiting is a form of cheating butnit seems other people call out others for exploiting while not even being a glitch or even anything of that.

Exploiting is purposely using a glitch that can manipulated and abused.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 16th 2021, 2:15 pm

I get where you're coming from as far as the game is concerned, and the term is way overused/misused. Problem is, it means differen't things to differen't people. Some players use it earnestly and consider exploiting anything that violates the original spirit of the game, some have their own vision of how the game should be played and anything that goes against that is exploiting, and others who are just salty and use the term as an excuse whenever they lose. And of course there's good old fashion cheating, like exploiting the bed and rock climbing glitches.

If you look at the literal definition of 'exploit' the word doesn't necessarily have a negative condonation. It all depends on how you apply it or interpret it. Technically, a Vanessa with Marathon equipped who spends half the match running Jason around is exploiting the stamina system, but almost no one would consider this cheating. Annoying maybe, but not cheating. There's other greyer areas like Combat Stanching a door, looping around furniture, tossing a knife at someone who just went through a window, waiting for Jason to come out of a animation to land a free hit, a counselor placing a trap at an objective so Jason can't... All technically exploits, though not necessarily foul play, but you'll never get a consensus amongst the player base what they are. Exploiting is only really a problem when you're taking advantage of exploits that are obvious glitches or cheats that gives the player performing them a ridiculous advantage. The various immortality spots and infinite Stamina and PK glitches chief among them.

Nowadays though, 9 out of 10 times I hear the word exploit thrown around it's by someone looking for an excuse for why they lost. As much as I love this game, one thing that's always bugged me is everybody seemingly having their own set of rules. I've gotten so tired of it by now, that whenever I hear someone griping a little too much about a particular tactic, it's almost a guarantee I'm either going to kill you or escape that way. I have very little respect for players who have to complain, make excuses, or call everyone else trash every time they get their ass kicked.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by gettodachappa May 16th 2021, 2:31 pm

I recall once someone false reported me for looping as in cheating and holding the game hostage. I straight up laughed at him and moved on. Like if someone is abusing the report system on me they are surely gonna get got first. I understand looping can be annoying but it isnt as big a deal as glitching in the rafters of packanack. I only loop if the cops arent called and jason is on my ass and cars havent been fixed. Although if a car has been fixed i would take a chance at taking the car and escape but if jason is on my ass and cops called or not. You best believe im gonna loop until i reach the cops if the cops are called that is.
gettodachappa
gettodachappa
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 16th 2021, 11:43 pm

gettodachappa wrote:I recall once someone false reported me for looping as in cheating and holding the game hostage. I straight up laughed at him and moved on. Like if someone is abusing the report system on me they are surely gonna get got first. I understand looping can be annoying but it isnt as big a deal as glitching in the rafters of packanack. I only loop if the cops arent called and jason is on my ass and cars havent been fixed. Although if a car has been fixed i would take a chance at taking the car and escape but if jason is on my ass and cops called or not. You best believe im gonna loop until i reach the cops if the cops are called that is.

It's always people reporting for some idiotic and childish reasoning.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play May 27th 2021, 12:09 am

Some people consider exploits a loophole.

Others say if it can be done in a game, then it's fair.

If something gets patched out, it wasn't meant to be there.

So many grey areas.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum