Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Dead by Daylight worth it???

Go down

Is Dead by Daylight worth it??? Empty Is Dead by Daylight worth it???

Post by TheRevenantRetroJason December 21st 2020, 8:13 pm

I'm quite intrigued due to the killers being allowed to swap perks & such something i wish gun media would've adopted into their game for Jason but i have heard some backslash about the game along with how toxic with community is & so i ask ... is it worth getting? I only ask cause i do wanna play as Freddy & Michael along with make fun channels based on their NES & Atari counterparts but must know if it's even worth my time or efforts. Honest opinion is wanted btw so don't hold back my fellow Friday brothers!

Town Resident
Town Resident

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGV7yCh3V50cbrEYGpDw2UA

Back to top Go down

Is Dead by Daylight worth it??? Empty Re: Is Dead by Daylight worth it???

Post by I'm Not a Goalie December 22nd 2020, 10:04 pm

Did you see Jason Voorhees' thread in General Discussions regarding Friday the 13th the Game vs. DBD? It is mostly an opinion/discussion piece, but he gives a good rundown of what you'll be facing in that game. Better than me telling you 'that game sucks' at least. 😂

Wish I could give a more detailed opinion than that, I'm just personally not a fan.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 24th 2020, 4:52 pm

TheRevenantRetroJason wrote:I'm quite intrigued due to the killers being allowed to swap perks & such something i wish gun media would've adopted into their game for Jason but i have heard some backslash about the game along with how toxic with the community is & so i ask ... is it worth getting? I only ask cause i do wanna play as Freddy & Michael along with making fun channels based on their NES & Atari counterparts but must know if it's even worth my time or efforts. Honest opinion is wanted btw so don't hold back my fellow Friday brothers!

You want the "Honest" opinion, right? I will give you one! and also because I had bought both games around the same time and here is my honest opinion so take it how you want it!

Killers: The game has its creativity with its Original designed killers but licensed? Not so much....licensed Characters almost look like their original derived counterparts clothing-wise, but overall is wrong...Michael's Mask looks nothing like the film, wrong boots, and the reboot Freddy they have looks nothing like Jackie Earle Haley version of his Freddy, the maps look amazing, the only killers it seems the devs actually worked on to look screen accurate was Ghostface, Leatherface, and Demogorgon, now the original killers look amazingly designed and their powers are all unique, this is to me "Good" but now we get into the nerfs and unnecessary reworks.

Killers are fun if you are going against those who aren't Sweats.

Survivors: With licensed Laurie doesn't look like Laurie strode but overall the original survivors look amazing by themselves, perks are unique and sometimes benefit the player if you are smart/quick enough but if you are new it will be complex to figure it.

Now you wondering how do you defend yourself?.... Pallets and Flashlights....which both aren't that common at first and is annoying when you want to actually survive this is my problem with the game there are no weapons for survivors only killers.

What can you do to escape? there is only one objective which is doing generators and they aren't hard to do nor is it that fun to do, which we had other objectives and other things to do but nope...

Tutorial help but not by much.

Gameplay: Now the gameplay is basic, graphics are finally being updated, the overall gameplay is limited....there is no other game-modes, no new mechanics to feature in, no gamma/brightness adjustments for those who dislike how dark the game is, and the way to earn blood points aren't fun nor are they worth it unless you especially play a character to make it happen.

Horror? No one is scared of the killers! the game doesn't give a lot for the killers to make them scary! the survivors would/could/can gen-rush killers and end the game in 5-6 minutes which makes it pointless!

Matchmaking is beyond broken when there is Survive with Friends where ANYONE can be ranked and you have to deal with tryhards with mics or tryhards who get extremely lucky when parred with better players!

The developers don't care about repairing the game at all just DLC after DLC...Sorry but this needs to be said because they truly favor survivors over killers and it's annoying the devs feed into the survivor Mainers crying and ruined it for us Killer Mains, overall for gameplay it truly needs help.

Community: It is VERY VERY VERY toxic, I have HAD the unpleasure moments of seeing them on the forums and on other platforms...their concerns and their opinions are all over the place its Killer Mains Vs Survivor Mains and then you got the SJW and the trolls which all in all they believe whatever they state about another character "Build" is factual and that its truly the Killers fault if their games fail.

Its literally like walls vs walls some with "Higher" respect in the community than others which is saddening because "Reputations" shouldn't invalidate others, their lack of what makes horror and what makes good teamwork is laughable which again no offense is saddening since to me DbD isn't a Slasher game its a Horror Theme Game....but with barely any horror....

As for music,design, and lore its all amazing the rest I have issues with as a Gamer/Horror Lover.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 24th 2020, 4:53 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Did you see Jason Voorhees' thread in General Discussions regarding Friday the 13th the Game vs. DBD? It is mostly an opinion/discussion piece, but he gives a good rundown of what you'll be facing in that game. Better than me telling you 'that game sucks' at least. 😂

Wish I could give a more detailed opinion than that, I'm just personally not a fan.

Thank you for mentioning that @I'm Not a Goalie!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play December 25th 2020, 4:43 am

I enjoyed some things about DBD. It's not as fun as F13 is, but there are worse games out there.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 25th 2020, 9:58 am

Fair Play wrote:I enjoyed some things about DBD. It's not as fun as F13 is, but there are worse games out there.
Last Year was honestly gonna be the next DbD but Covid-19 ruined their plans. Sad
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum