Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday the 13th (The Game) Voice Lines

Go down

Friday the 13th (The Game) Voice Lines Empty Friday the 13th (The Game) Voice Lines

Post by The Noble Idiot November 20th 2020, 1:37 pm

Exactly what it says on the tin. I had to jump through a few hoops in order to learn how to extract these, but here they are. As it tends to go with things of this nature, the most interesting part lies in what went unused. Based on what I've found in the game I can make a few assumptions:

-Counselors were going to speak when performing some of the emotes, but was either scrapped or hasn't had the chance to be implemented properly.

-A Japanese dub was worked on, but scrapped. I say scrapped because the tapes have the voices, but lack sound effects. It must've been scrapped pretty late because almost every line of dialogue has a dubbed version.

-Counselors were going to be a bit more complex in single player mode. There are lines that imply forming search parties, hiding, looking for weapons, etc...

Here's the (fixed) link.
https://mega.nz/folder/Jr4AyTqR#Sr7J8WDu3V9Nd28yk4zA8g
The Noble Idiot
The Noble Idiot
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th (The Game) Voice Lines Empty Re: Friday the 13th (The Game) Voice Lines

Post by Jason Voorhees November 20th 2020, 1:46 pm

The Noble Idiot wrote:Exactly what it says on the tin. I had to jump through a few hoops in order to learn how to extract these, but here they are. As it tends to go with things of this nature, the most interesting part lies in what went unused. Based on what I've found in the game I can make a few assumptions:

-Counselors were going to speak when performing some of the emotes, but was either scrapped or hasn't had the chance to be implemented properly.

-A Japanese dub was worked on, but scrapped. I say scrapped because the tapes have the voices, but lack sound effects. It must've been scrapped pretty late because almost every line of dialogue has a dubbed version.

-Counselors were going to be a bit more complex in single player mode. There are lines that imply forming search parties, hiding, looking for weapons, etc...

Here's the link.
https://mega.nz/folder/4qI0gB6S#8t18G1bTYx5OMw4QgJxwDA

Duuuuude this is amazing! Thank you for sharing this!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

The Noble Idiot likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th (The Game) Voice Lines Empty Re: Friday the 13th (The Game) Voice Lines

Post by The Noble Idiot November 20th 2020, 1:48 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
The Noble Idiot wrote:Exactly what it says on the tin. I had to jump through a few hoops in order to learn how to extract these, but here they are. As it tends to go with things of this nature, the most interesting part lies in what went unused. Based on what I've found in the game I can make a few assumptions:

Here's the link.

I was originally going to share this on the other forum, but was told not to by Matt. There's so much interesting stuff buried in the game that it would've been criminal to let it sit on a hard drive!
The Noble Idiot
The Noble Idiot
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 20th 2020, 2:06 pm

The Noble Idiot wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Here's the link.

I was originally going to share this on the other forum, but was told not to by Matt. There's so much interesting stuff buried in the game that it would've been criminal to let it sit on a hard drive!

Sad damn didn't know that.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play November 20th 2020, 11:42 pm

The Noble Idiot wrote:Exactly what it says on the tin. I had to jump through a few hoops in order to learn how to extract these, but here they are. As it tends to go with things of this nature, the most interesting part lies in what went unused.

Thanks for sharing this information.

The link leads to a directory that has file folders, but no files.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 22nd 2020, 6:26 am

Fair Play wrote:
The Noble Idiot wrote:Exactly what it says on the tin. I had to jump through a few hoops in order to learn how to extract these, but here they are. As it tends to go with things of this nature, the most interesting part lies in what went unused.

Yeah same for me as well now. Sad
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Noble Idiot November 23rd 2020, 6:57 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Fair Play wrote:

For whatever reason, Mega didn't actually include the OGG files. I'm gonna try uploading folder-by-folder and see if that fixes anything. I'll throw a link as soon as it's done.
The Noble Idiot
The Noble Idiot
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 23rd 2020, 7:50 pm

The Noble Idiot wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
Fair Play wrote:

For whatever reason, Mega didn't actually include the OGG files. I'm gonna try uploading folder-by-folder and see if that fixes anything. I'll throw a link as soon as it's done.

Thanks for the Update!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Noble Idiot November 23rd 2020, 8:53 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Fair Play wrote:

Fixed! Turns out that dumping all of them at once was too much for the site to handle.
The Noble Idiot
The Noble Idiot
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 24th 2020, 8:04 am

The Noble Idiot wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
Fair Play wrote:

Fixed! Turns out that dumping all of them at once was too much for the site to handle.

That's alot of audio! Thanks man!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum