Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the atmosphere in each movie

Go down

the atmosphere in each movie Empty the atmosphere in each movie

Post by jasn88cubs October 3rd 2022, 8:19 pm

Friday the 13th- Love it, feels like they are at a real camp, loved hearing the animals in background
pt 2-also loved it but not as much, did like the atmosphere of the chase scene, and how Ginny felt trapped on a way
pt 3-was ok, loved the end when the high winds came in, really had no atmosphere. seemed like a lazy saturday day
pt-4 atmosphere didnt really have a big part in this movie to be honest
pt 5- liked a few parts at night that had a hot summer feeling
pt 6-loved the ending night time scenes even though it felt like it took place in fall
pt 7- felt like fall
pt 8- loved the new york scenes, even if it was in Canada I felt they were in NYC
pt 9-eh
Jason X-eh
Freddy vs Jason- loved it. reminds me when i was 16-18 hanging out at summer nights
Friday the 13th reboot- I liked how it was hard to see everything, more creepy
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia and Dorian also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

the atmosphere in each movie Empty Re: the atmosphere in each movie

Post by Jason Voorhees October 5th 2022, 1:49 pm

Interesting takes!

The atmopshere always sets a film!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 30th 2022, 5:06 am

Absolutely agree with you folks! I really feel like the first ones, especially Parts 1-6, really feel like summer ‘80s movies. I feel like after those ones, they kind of lost that atmosphere a little. I still love them, but it feels like they lost a little of the specialness as they went on. There was just something about them that I feel makes them fun and just a little more enjoyable. Like I said, I love all the movies, but when I watch the first couple of them, I get this sense of nostalgia that seems to disappear when you get to 7 and 8. Does anyone else feel like the atmosphere changes with 7?
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs October 30th 2022, 10:32 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Absolutely agree with you folks! I really feel like the first ones, especially Parts 1-6, really feel like summer ‘80s movies. I feel like after those ones, they kind of lost that atmosphere a little. I still love them, but it feels like they lost a little of the specialness as they went on. There was just something about them that I feel makes them fun and just a little more enjoyable. Like I said, I love all the movies, but when I watch the first couple of them, I get this sense of nostalgia that seems to disappear when you get to 7 and 8. Does anyone else feel like the atmosphere changes with 7?

Yes honestly it gets a bit tiring and too formulated. It became more about the kills than getting to know the characters and getting a feeling of who they are
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 31st 2022, 12:06 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:Absolutely agree with you folks! I really feel like the first ones, especially Parts 1-6, really feel like summer ‘80s movies. I feel like after those ones, they kind of lost that atmosphere a little. I still love them, but it feels like they lost a little of the specialness as they went on. There was just something about them that I feel makes them fun and just a little more enjoyable. Like I said, I love all the movies, but when I watch the first couple of them, I get this sense of nostalgia that seems to disappear when you get to 7 and 8. Does anyone else feel like the atmosphere changes with 7?

Yes honestly it gets  a bit tiring and too formulated. It became more about the kills than getting to know the characters and getting a feeling of who they are

I am definitely for just the kills lol
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 31st 2022, 12:44 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

Yes honestly it gets  a bit tiring and too formulated. It became more about the kills than getting to know the characters and getting a feeling of who they are

I am definitely for just the kills lol

Nothing wrong with that. I think it fell off a bit because like was said, when they stopped trying to know the characters, it became a bit tiring. I love the movies but my favorite thing about the first couple of movies is that you got to know the people.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Dorian likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum