Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just can't get into pt7

Go down

I just can't get into pt7 Empty I just can't get into pt7

Post by jasn88cubs July 15th 2022, 7:57 pm

I've tried but I just nave no interest in this movie

I just have NO care about any of the characters. Now Lar Park Lincoln does a great job with her character but the whole telekinetic does nothing for me

The other 6 movies there was characters that I cared about, it seemed like everyone is this was made to be unlikeable in a way

I understand the people behind the scenes were trying to push this movie to be more respected by critics and not just a sex, drugs, alcohol, murder movie

but that's what people want

To me this movie almost seems like a Lifetime movie with Tina's problems with Jason thrown in

I appreciate what they were trying to do, but it just doesn't work for me

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

I just can't get into pt7 Empty Re: I just can't get into pt7

Post by SonofOdin6039 July 16th 2022, 10:25 am

I admit Part 7 was a disappointment after how good Part 6 was. This cast was full of 'geez, it's about time he killed you' assclowns, and while you wanted to sympathize with Tina, her taking the car and leaving her mom behind was a dick move. You wanted to like Nick, but he seemed too full of himself. Watchable, but not in the top tier
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 16th 2022, 4:33 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:I've tried but I just nave no interest in this movie

I just have NO care about any of the characters. Now Lar Park Lincoln does a great job with her character but the whole telekinetic does nothing for me

The other 6 movies there was characters that I cared about, it seemed like everyone is this was made to be unlikeable in a way

I understand the people behind the scenes were trying to push this movie to be more respected by critics and not just a sex, drugs, alcohol, murder movie

but that's what people want

To me this movie almost seems like a Lifetime movie with Tina's problems with Jason thrown in

I appreciate what they were trying to do, but it just doesn't work for me

I agree with the whole telekinetic angle being a little off for this franchise. I mentioned this another forum and got blasted for this, with the criticism angling on " how can you not like telekinesis when we got a killer who keeps coming back from the dead"? That may be a good point, but don't they ALL come back from the dead?

I think the MPAA hammered on this movie despite the attempts to make the movie more respected.

What do other people think?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 July 16th 2022, 10:26 pm

I personally Love part 7 …… I agree that an even better movie was there before they had to cut out a bunch of the gore and effects….. but story and special effects wise for me it’s one of the strongest in the series.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny July 20th 2022, 11:11 pm

I loathed part 7 when it was released. Watched it a few years ago for the first time in eons and I warmed up to it a bit. The cast is serviceable and the party and the vibe surrounding it (mainly the drama in general and fighting over guys) is pretty realistic for this type of film.

Does it have its faults? Absolutely. For starters....

- The premise is absurd

- They hint at a dark undercurrent in the Tina-Dr. Crews relationship but it goes nowhere

- The birth of Jason as a superhero...crowds cheer every second he is onscreen. This had already started in earlier entries but it jumps the shark here.

- The cast is simply too unlikeable... from the top down.

Even with the absurd premise(Carrie meets Jason)...it could have been improved with a rewrite.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 20th 2022, 11:22 pm

I love Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood, not just because its the first Friday the 13th film Ive seen but because of how different it was.

Ofcourse the Cast didnt have Good Chemistry but the overall let down was from the MPAA, the Kills were amazing, the presence of Kane Hodder in full body make-up, and the feel of something new.

Some people take notice it resembles Part 4 in terms of location but for me its the fact we got a Protagnist who did give Jason a brief but worthy battle but even then it took a single Plot to take him out for awhile.

John Carl Buechler if given the creative role he should have deserved would have had this film be up there with Jason Lives.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny July 20th 2022, 11:32 pm

It also resembles part 4 in the fact there are two houses/groups of people.

It actually juggles this dynamic much better than part 4....the Jarvis family virtually disappears in the second act.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 11th 2022, 10:44 am

I think getting rid of Dr. Crews early on was a error. yes he was a bad guy but he could have played a major part
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher August 11th 2022, 1:57 pm

William Munny wrote:I loathed part 7 when it was released. Watched it a few years ago for the first time in eons and I warmed up to it a bit. The cast is serviceable and the party and the vibe surrounding it (mainly the drama in general and fighting over guys) is pretty realistic for this type of film.

Does it have its faults? Absolutely. For starters....

- The premise is absurd

- They hint at a dark undercurrent in the Tina-Dr. Crews relationship but it goes nowhere

- The birth of Jason as a superhero...crowds cheer every second he is onscreen. This had already started in earlier entries but it jumps the shark here.

- The cast is simply too unlikeable... from the top down.

Even with the absurd premise(Carrie meets Jason)...it could have been improved with a rewrite.

From what I understand of the relationship between Tina and Dr. Crews, he was trying to keep Tina in a constant state of agitation, which would lead to an increase in her telikinetic abilites. He was more interested in the telekinesis that he was in helping Tina deal with the grief from her father's death.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher August 11th 2022, 2:01 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I love Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood, not just because its the first Friday the 13th film Ive seen but because of how different it was.

Ofcourse the Cast didnt have Good Chemistry but the overall let down was from the MPAA, the Kills were amazing, the presence of Kane Hodder in full body make-up, and the feel of something new.

Some people take notice it resembles Part 4 in terms of location but for me its the fact we got a Protagnist who did give Jason a brief but worthy battle but even then it took a single Plot to take him out for awhile.

John Carl Buechler if given the creative role he should have deserved would have had this film be up there with Jason Lives.

I agree with you on several points. The MPAA was going all out on the Friday the 13th movies and censoring them, from what I've been told.

Also, we have the all time kill of seeing Jason hit the tree with a girl in a sleeping bag.

The presence of Kane Hodder speaks for itself. He puts the BAD in badass!!!!

ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum