Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The subway scene in pt 8

Go down

The subway scene in pt 8 Empty The subway scene in pt 8

Post by jasn88cubs May 15th 2022, 10:08 am

I know they were trying to play it up like "Oh it's New York, Jason being on the subway is just like a typical day here"

But I watched the movie on Friday and you know what?

It annoyed me, here's Jason walking through , a slimy guy in a hockey mask and everyone just sat there not lookign scared or anything I'm not saying people needed to try to interfere but it would have been nice seeing people looking scared, crying, screaming in horror

Instead we get people sitting with blank stares on their faces

Come on
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

The subway scene in pt 8 Empty Re: The subway scene in pt 8

Post by ThePunisher May 15th 2022, 10:15 am

jasn88cubs wrote:I know they were trying to play it up like "Oh it's New York, Jason being on the subway is just like a typical day here"

But I watched the movie on Friday and you know what?

It annoyed me, here's Jason walking through , a slimy guy in a hockey mask and everyone just sat there not lookign scared or anything I'm not saying people needed to try to interfere but it would have been nice seeing people looking scared, crying, screaming in horror

Instead we get people sitting with blank stares on their faces

Come on

I think you're right. It takes the whole " jaded, apathetic New Yorker" thing too far. I also think there are New Yorkers who would try to take a bite out of ole Jason.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 15th 2022, 5:22 pm

I think he should have massacred everyone on that Train Like LeatherFace did everyone on the Bus in the 2022 movie.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 16th 2022, 1:45 pm

For that matter, how many people called the police after he smashed through the diner and threw the cook into the wall? At least a dozen people witnessed that and even though this was at a time before common cell phones, there had to be a payphone around there somewhere
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 16th 2022, 3:14 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:For that matter, how many people called the police after he smashed through the diner and threw the cook into the wall? At least a dozen people witnessed that and even though this was at a time before common cell phones, there had to be a payphone around there somewhere

yea the fact that we didn't see the police at all (besides that one) is mindblowing

You telling me there's no cops on patrol in the 80s in times square?!?!!?!?!?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 16th 2022, 7:24 pm

Lol
Budget restrictions really hampered this movie’s potential for sure…..
The things I picture in my mind that should or could have happened would have been breathtaking in a Friday film.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 17th 2022, 4:17 pm

As  @OCT 31 1978 said it's definitely over the budget, time, and overall products used.

Ofcourse I'm sure they wanted Jason to have a high body count but in terms of "extras" being killed that would be extra money out of their pockets to pay either professional or just random people.

The scene itself was incredible but to me, it would have been more awesome if it was Part 7 design there and if people were actually reacting instead of being told off-camera to ignore the actor (Kane Hodder) in the middle of the street.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 May 17th 2022, 4:26 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:As  @OCT 31 1978 said it's definitely over the budget, time, and overall products used.

Ofcourse I'm sure they wanted Jason to have a high body count but in terms of "extras" being killed that would be extra money out of their pockets to pay either professional or just random people.

The scene itself was incredible but to me, it would have been more awesome if it was Part 7 design there and if people were actually reacting instead of being told off-camera to ignore the actor (Kane Hodder) in the middle of the street.

While I will agree they should have made him look closer to Part 7, Part 8 is my favorite look for Jason. I love the fact you can see bones and such in Part 7, but his look in Part 8 is my all time favorite.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 17th 2022, 4:58 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:As  @OCT 31 1978 said it's definitely over the budget, time, and overall products used.

While I will agree they should have made him look closer to Part 7, Part 8 is my favorite look for Jason. I love the fact you can see bones and such in Part 7, but his look in Part 8 is my all time favorite.

Part 8 is about my 5th favorite design Jason! so I'm happy you are a fan! because I just completed my own Part 8 Jason Cosplay!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 5:43 pm

I know Ken Kirzinger played Jason as he was exiting the subway car. Was the rest of that scene him or Kane?
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 May 23rd 2022, 5:58 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:I know Ken Kirzinger played Jason as he was exiting the subway car. Was the rest of that scene him or Kane?

Kane was the only Jason in Manhattan. Ken wasn’t Jason until Freddy Vs Jason.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 6:23 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:I know Ken Kirzinger played Jason as he was exiting the subway car. Was the rest of that scene him or Kane?

Kirzinger was the cook Jason killed and he also filmed two scenes as Jason. One was coming off the subway and the other was when the police car hit Jason.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2011/01/ties-between-kane-hodder-and-ken.html
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 May 23rd 2022, 6:39 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:
Dragonfire82877 wrote:

Kirzinger was the cook Jason killed and he also filmed two scenes as Jason. One was coming off the subway and the other was when the police car hit Jason.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2011/01/ties-between-kane-hodder-and-ken.html

Well damn. I stand corrected. Thank you very much for pointing that out to me. I was under the assumption that since Kane was “stunt man” he played the entire role.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 6:59 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:
Dragonfire82877 wrote:

Well damn. I stand corrected. Thank you very much for pointing that out to me. I was under the assumption that since Kane was “stunt man” he played the entire role.

It was a bit of a surprise to me as well.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum