Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve knew Pamela right?

Go down

Steve knew Pamela right? Empty Steve knew Pamela right?

Post by jasn88cubs May 1st 2022, 3:51 pm

The way he greeted her , it sure seemed like he knew her.

So did he know about Jason drowning in the lake?

I wonder if Pamela ever told him to NOT open the camp?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Steve knew Pamela right? Empty Re: Steve knew Pamela right?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 1st 2022, 4:58 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:The way he greeted her , it sure seemed like he knew her.

So did he know about Jason drowning in the lake?

I wonder if Pamela ever told him to NOT open the camp?

Yes, Most likely, and probably.

Pamela introduces herself to Alice as an old friend of the Christies, and they hired her as a cook at the camp in the 50's, so the family definitely knew her. It only make sense that Steve was at the very least acquainted or aware of this old family friend... And assuming he was, he'd almost have to be aware of Jason drowning in the lake.

Whether or not she warned Steve not to open the camp is open to interpretation. You'd assume she would've at least tried to appeal to him, but then again, Pam had been successful in sabotaging every other attempt to open the camp without ever really being suspected, so maybe that's a hint Pamela was very covert with her feelings about the camp reopening.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 1st 2022, 5:34 pm

I'm pretty sure Steve hired her or at least his father did if I remember correctly so yeah very much solid that he knew of and about her and her son "drowning" in the lake and just kept her as the camp cook due to the accident.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 1st 2022, 6:23 pm

Can you imagine if Steve hired her as a cook instead of Annie? How do you think things would have changed with Pamela working at the camp she was trying to close forever?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 2nd 2022, 3:38 pm

Think about it in the opposite direction. Steve might have known her as an old family friend, but he might not have been aware if it was actually her son who drowned and thus have feelings of anger toward the camp. Otherwise he might have been apprehensive when he recognized her instead of cordial, nor would he have connected the dots with all the sabotage with a person who would have a motive. When Vern told Annie of all the trouble up at the camp, he never mentioned a possible suspect, which would have been likely in a small town..."hear about the trouble at Camp Crystal Lake? Pamela's still mad about her boy drowning is my guess".... The town knew about Crazy Ralph as the town kook, and they should have thought of Pamela as the grief stricken mother. So I'd guess she kept most of it to herself
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 2nd 2022, 5:10 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Think about it in the opposite direction. Steve might have known her as an old family friend, but he might not have been aware if it was actually her son who drowned and thus have feelings of anger toward the camp. Otherwise he might have been apprehensive when he recognized her instead of cordial, nor would he have connected the dots with all the sabotage with a person who would have a motive. When Vern told Annie of all the trouble up at the camp, he never mentioned a possible suspect, which would have been likely in a small town..."hear about the trouble at Camp Crystal Lake? Pamela's still mad about her boy drowning is my guess".... The town knew about Crazy Ralph as the town kook, and they should have thought of Pamela as the grief stricken mother. So I'd guess she kept most of it to herself

good point, never looked at it that way
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

SonofOdin6039 dislike this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 5:31 pm

I'm guessing that he is in his late 20s or early 30s in the film so he would have been a child when Jason drowned. It's possible that he would have been Jason's age. Perhaps he played with him at camp.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 23rd 2022, 6:36 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:I'm guessing that he is in his late 20s or early 30s in the film so he would have been a child when Jason drowned. It's possible that he would have been Jason's age. Perhaps he played with him at camp.
That is something i had not considered! Good point!
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 7:25 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:I'm guessing that he is in his late 20s or early 30s in the film so he would have been a child when Jason drowned. It's possible that he would have been Jason's age. Perhaps he played with him at camp.

It's possible that his parents kept the events surrounding Jason's drowning from him.

I've been thinking about his encounter with Mrs. Voorhees. He doesn't necessarily acknowledge who she is. All he asks is what she is doing out there? It's possible that he doesn't even know who she is.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 24th 2022, 9:02 am

Soulbait70 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

It's possible that his parents kept the events surrounding Jason's drowning from him.

I've been thinking about his encounter with Mrs. Voorhees. He doesn't necessarily acknowledge who she is. All he asks is what she is doing out there? It's possible that he doesn't even know who she is.

I just rewatched it

he says"Hello? Who is that? Oh HI, what you doing out in this mess"

so it seems like he knew who she was
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 9:20 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

I just rewatched it

he says"Hello? Who is that? Oh HI, what you doing out in this mess"

so it seems like he knew who she was

I went back too. It does appear that he knows her. He sure doesn't suspect her of anything though.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 24th 2022, 10:23 am

I see most here can agree he did infact know her.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 24th 2022, 12:59 pm

Yeah he knows her. He seemed very friendly with her when he saw her before she killed him. Perhaps he didn’t know Jason died. His parents may have kept certain things from him like Soulbait70 said so maybe they just told him he left to live with his dad.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and Soulbait70 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum