Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected?

Go down

Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected? Empty Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected?

Post by Jason Voorhees March 18th 2022, 9:31 am

Disclaimer:

To avoid spelling out the full titles of Friday the 13th Part VII: Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday ever so often, I will simply say JTM and JGTH for short terms.

These are not my Headcanon but some official confirmation about the misconnections between JTM and JGTH.

Design of Jason Voorhees:

From the inconsistencies of Design starting with JTM due to how consistent Part 3-4 and 6-7 were in design it was JTM that truly caused the start of flaws.

Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected? Mv5bn210
From Part 7 Jason having heavily decayed clothing torn up around his body to having barely torn up black clothing pieces and having no connection with the Part 7 appearance.

Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected? Jasong10
This inconsistency is now within JGTH with an all-new design      with Jason now sporting actual clothing that is partially damage all around them.

Adam Marcus:

Adam Marcus who is known as the director and having co-
story creation had stated on Facebook this:
Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected? Img_2023
He openly states the Company (New Line Cinema) told him to purposely ignore Jason Takes Manhattan continuity and to continue from Part VII (Aka Part 7).

Logical Answers:

1. It could explain alot about the new design for JGTH Jason due to why he looks so "Flesh" aka the Healing Factor that would be revealed later in Jason X. (And Yes, Jason X/FvJ Completely ignores the Necronimicon implications)

2. Explains why and how he was still at Camp Crystal Lake, and not a little boy in a sewer in New York City. (Again no explanation of why he turned into a child in the first place.)

3. JGTH gives us more insight and reasons of why his Clothes looks that way due to multiple encounters as example Jason would be back on a killing spree after the events of The New Blood, and we know that Jason knows how to steal clothing and put them on.

4. Jason is obviously a very competent killer, it makes sense that the FBI would finally get involved if Jason was killing more and more people and that missing reports got critical, example is Creighton Dukes origins by Adam that Jason drowned his lover, and then Duke explaining his experience, and which in Part 8 couldnt have taken place since we know Jason was on the boat majority of the time, and it gives a open window between Part 7 and Part 9 as it would be a year or a year-in a half worth of FBI Investigations and gives them enough time to prep for a sting operation.

New Timeline?

So going by these statements we got 3 seperate alternate timelines that fans can openly accept or not.
Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected? F13tim10
Picture Created by Me.

Note: The Friday the 13th 2017 film and the later known TV Series dubbed as Crystal Lake Chronicles is not included on the timeline list for obvious reasons due to their Cancellations by Paramount Pictures and Platinum Dunes, and Jason X/Freddy Vs Jason arent alternate timelines because JGTH leads to Freddy Vs. Jason and FvJ is a Prequel to Jason X via time chronically FvJ is set in 2003 and Jason X is set in 2010.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected? Empty Re: Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected?

Post by jasn88cubs March 18th 2022, 12:34 pm

Well being told to ignore part 8 explains alot!
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected? Empty Re: Friday the 13th Part 8 and Part 9 Not Connected?

Post by Jason Voorhees March 18th 2022, 1:56 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:Well being told to ignore part 8 explains alot!
Agreed! It gives new perspective to what we now know.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 20th 2022, 11:57 am

Ok soooooo I never considered them connected prior to this info coming to light….

For me I consider JGTH and JasonX stand alone films in the Franchise and FVJ more of a Nightmare on Elm street Sequel than a True Sequel to JGTH and here is why….

When I am watching these movies most of the Franchise Films continue from where the last one ended or had returning characters from the last film while JGTH and JX do not….
You only need to know a very simple premise to start watching these two films :Undead Killer Jason Voorhees has been haunting Camp Crystal Lake and has killed many teenagers and anyone else who gets in his way.

Breakdown by films:

Part 2: Begins with Alice returning from the original film…. She is the link from the original that makes you need to see the original as to why Jason wants her Dead.

Part 3: Begins from the moment Ginny defeats Jason in his Shack continuing from that same night.

Part 4: Begins from the same moment Jason is defeated by Chris With the Axe in his head.

Part 5: Brings back Young Tommy in a dream sequence and now Teenage Tommy who survived the last movie.

Part 6: Once Again brings back Tommy who survived the last film and is determined to destroy Jason once and for all.

Part 7: Begins with Jason where he was left at the bottom of the Lake where we last saw him in the film prior.

Part 8: Begins with Jason once again at the bottom of the Lake where we last saw him at the end of the last Film.

Stand alone films :

JGTH: Begins back at Camp Crystal Lake with adult Jason back to his old self and after an undercover FBI agent prior to being destroyed by the FBI…… and completely flipping the current mythology on its head……even if this was a sequel to Part 7 this is not how we left Jason at the end of Part 7 once again strengthening my point about it being a standalone and needed very little info going into this Chapters story.

Jason X: Begins with Jason Captured and being experimented on…..not where we last left him again….. he should be in Hell with Freddy so this definitely doesn’t feel like a Sequel to JGTH. And the Jason from JGTH didn’t heal from his Wounds from the FBI shoot out as the Jason in JX is confirmed to regrow tissue not the same as swapping bodies or being reborn from a relative…….I also understand that this film is supposed to take place possibly after FVJ allow it for time for him to be captured but this Jason has not resembles to the Jason in FVJ to me so I don’t accept that JX is a sequel to FVJ either.

FVJ: acknowledges the pasts of both characters but mostly Freddy and is definitely suppose to come after JGTH however it definitely doesn’t feel like or resemble anything of a continuation of Hell’s Jason…. In fact I would say that the Jason in this is more of an Undead version continuing from The Final Chapter as this Jason doesn’t seem like the same Jason from parts 6-8 either.
To me this film falls in line as more of a Nightmare Sequel with a rebootish Jason included in the story….the Look of Jason resembles more of the Savini original creation.

F13 Remake: Obviously a stand alone out of original continuity everything old is new again.

This is just how I feel about these movies not trying to force anyone to see it this way we can all see and enjoy this Franchise however we want in a sequence order / stand alone concepts / out of Continuity stories linked Etc.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 21st 2022, 2:27 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Ok soooooo I never considered them connected prior to this info coming to light….

For me I consider JGTH and JasonX stand alone films in the Franchise and FVJ more of a Nightmare on Elm street Sequel than a True Sequel to JGTH and here is why….

When I am watching these movies most of the Franchise Films continue from where the last one ended or had returning characters from the last film while JGTH and JX do not….
You only need to know a very simple premise to start watching these two films :Undead Killer Jason Voorhees has been haunting Camp Crystal Lake and has killed many teenagers and anyone else who gets in his way.

Breakdown by films:

Part 2: Begins with Alice returning from the original film…. She is the link from the original that makes you need to see the original as to why Jason wants her Dead.

Part 3: Begins from the moment Ginny defeats Jason in his Shack continuing from that same night.

Part 4: Begins from the same moment Jason is defeated by Chris With the Axe in his head.

Part 5: Brings back Young Tommy in a dream sequence and now Teenage Tommy who survived the last movie.

Part 6: Once Again brings back Tommy who survived the last film and is determined to destroy Jason once and for all.

Part 7: Begins with Jason where he was left at the bottom of the Lake where we last saw him in the film prior.

Part 8: Begins with Jason once again at the bottom of the Lake where we last saw him at the end of the last Film.

Stand alone films :

JGTH: Begins back at Camp Crystal Lake with adult Jason back to his old self and after an undercover FBI agent prior to being destroyed by the FBI…… and completely flipping the current mythology on its head……even if this was a sequel to Part 7 this is not how we left Jason at the end of Part 7 once again strengthening my point about it being a standalone and needed very little info going into this Chapters story.

Jason X: Begins with Jason Captured and being experimented on…..not where we last left him again….. he should be in Hell with Freddy so this definitely doesn’t feel like a Sequel to JGTH. And the Jason from JGTH didn’t heal from his Wounds from the FBI shoot out as the Jason in JX is confirmed to regrow tissue not the same as swapping bodies or being reborn from a relative…….I also understand that this film is supposed to take place possibly after FVJ allow it for time for him to be captured but this Jason has not resembles to the Jason in FVJ to me so I don’t accept that JX is a sequel to FVJ either.

FVJ: acknowledges the pasts of both characters but mostly Freddy and is definitely suppose to come after JGTH however it definitely doesn’t feel like or resemble anything of a continuation of  Hell’s Jason…. In fact I would say that the Jason in this is more of an Undead version continuing from The Final Chapter as this Jason doesn’t seem like the same Jason from parts 6-8 either.
To me this film falls in line as more of a Nightmare Sequel with a rebootish Jason included in the story….the Look of Jason resembles more of the Savini original creation.

F13 Remake: Obviously a stand alone out of original continuity everything old is new again.

This is just how I feel about these movies not trying to force anyone to see it this way we can all see and enjoy this Franchise however we want in a sequence order / stand alone concepts  / out of Continuity stories linked Etc.

No one should feel like you are forcing them to see it that way.

For me and my thinking

Part 8 could be a sequel to Part 7 as Part 9 is a sequel to Part 7 and it could be many timelines for this instance.

P1: Victor Miller states Jason wasn't even supposed to be alive so it makes sense to keep it as its own film.

P1-P4: This could be the Human Jason Saga.

P5: This could just be left by itself lol.

P6-P8: Could be the Revenant Timeline.

Part 9-FvJ: Could be the New Line Cinema Timeline.

As you could see our fellow fans could pick around the series, I've seen a lot of people recently stating they haven't seen the other films after The Final Chapter or A New Beginning.

I have always seen Freddy Vs Jason as a prequel to Jason X and it was confirmed by Todd Farmer that was the idea since FvJ was taking place in 2003 and Jason X with him being captured in 2010.

I think they didn't consider JGTH aspects as "Canon" due to how illogical it was and then didn't stick with the design because they purposely wanted something new.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 21st 2022, 6:57 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I think they didn't consider JGTH aspects as "Canon" due to how illogical it was and then didn't stick with the design because they purposely wanted something new.

Those idiots definitely didn’t want to link FVJ Jason to a version of Jason that Kane Hodder played once they decided they were going for a more sympathetic version of Jason…..translation= “Pussy” that’s for sure…. And even though JGTH has a way crazy mythology change for Jason his look and demeanor in the movie is my favorite…..I also appreciate the film makers trying something new and making him even more Evil in the process…..I would have loved to see that Version take on Freddy way more than what we got….. any Jason that Kane portrayed would have been way more of a bad ass then the more emotional and terrified of water version we got.

Also one more thing JGTH has going for it other that some spectacular special effects…. It is the film that made us want to see that Horror slug match of the century with out it….and the consistent interest of fandom we possibly wouldn’t have gotten FVJ ever.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 22nd 2022, 7:24 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Those idiots definitely didn’t want to link FVJ Jason to a version of Jason that Kane Hodder played once they decided they were going for a more sympathetic version of Jason…..translation= “Pussy” that’s for sure…
Yeah, I dont understand for the LIFE of me why they had gotten Ronnie Yu as the Director for the film, NO WAY did the company just say "No" to Kane reprising it had to do with what Ronnie Yu wanted.

Ronnie wanted "Sympathetic Eyes" and wanted a "Towering" Jason, despite Ken being already 6 ft 5, and they gave him 2-3 inch boots...it doesnt make sense of why they didnt just give the shoes to Kane.

Regardless of how people feel Kane Hodder was around the 6 ft 3 borderline in 1988, ans shrunk sadly but yet he still made Jason Voorhees a aggressive Menace.

OCT 31 1978 wrote:And even though JGTH has a way crazy mythology change for Jason his look and demeanor in the movie is my favorite…..I also appreciate the film makers trying something new and making him even more Evil in the process…..I would have loved to see that Version take on Freddy way more than what we got….. any Jason that Kane portrayed would have been way more of a bad ass then the more emotional and terrified of water version we got.
AGREED! I cant wait to do my own Part 9 Jason Cosplay! Hopefully this year but I would LOVE and CANT wait to do my own rendition of Jason Vs Freddy, something far better than what we got in 2003, again no offense to Ken Kiringer,Robert Englund, and Doug Tait but we needed Kane for that Role.

I know a friend of mine known as Cody Huskin is doing his own version of Freddy Vs Jason, so I cant wait to see what he has come up with for his.

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Also one more thing JGTH has going for it other that some spectacular special effects…. It is the film that made us want to see that Horror slug match of the century with out it….and the consistent interest of fandom we possibly wouldn’t have gotten FVJ ever.
You are preaching facts! From online message forums like this, to radio shows, and ofcourse fans in real life have been waiting to see such an iconic match-up for years! I wish we had gotten in back in 1988 when it wasnt called the New Blood, but I am Happy we didnt because we wouldnt have had John Carl Buechler and in turn we wouldnt have Kane Hodder and Lar Park Lincoln!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum