Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy in Part 5

Go down

Roy in Part 5 Empty Roy in Part 5

Post by jasn88cubs Tue 30 Nov - 18:11

Here's what I think

Roy snapped, kills the greasers then the people at diner, then finds out about Tommy and his connection to Jason, then starts dressing up as Jason

Thoughts?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Roy in Part 5 Empty Re: Roy in Part 5

Post by OCT 31 1978 Tue 30 Nov - 18:32

jasn88cubs wrote:Here's what I think

Roy snapped, kills the greasers then the people at diner, then finds out about Tommy and his connection to Jason, then starts dressing up as Jason

Thoughts?

The news paper clippings that Roy had were kind of old you could almost assume Roy was borderline obsessed with the killings at Camp Crystal Lake by Jason prior to his son’s death….. his sons Murder is what sends him over the edge….but to go the extra mile and Dress the part as well I think was a way to live out his already formed obsession and so that no one knew it was him if anyone escaped his rampage.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs Tue 30 Nov - 18:37

OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Thoughts?

The news paper clippings that Roy had were kind of old you could almost assume Roy was borderline obsessed with the killings at Camp Crystal Lake by Jason prior to his son’s death….. his sons Murder is what sends him over the edge….but to go the extra mile and Dress the part as well I think was a way to live out his already formed obsession and so that no one knew it was him if anyone escaped his rampage.

Do you think Roy knew about the Jason/Tommy connection right away or do you think that took time?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 Tue 30 Nov - 19:30

jasn88cubs wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Thoughts?

Do you think Roy knew about the Jason/Tommy connection right away or do you think that took time?

Hmmmm, I think he may have known about it from the newspaper clippings if the Jarvis family was named in the article……I personally think he did not even know who Tommy was just another Halfway house kid….he turned and went after Tommy at the end of the movie because his intention was to kill all the “Looneys” at Pinehurst and anyone else that his murderous eye fancied…. I don’t think the Tommy/Jason connection is any kind of motivation for Roy at all.

I wonder if he was surprised that Tommy just stood there and allowed him to slice him with the machete.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs Tue 30 Nov - 19:47

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Thoughts?

Hmmmm, I think he may have known about it from the newspaper clippings if the Jarvis family was named in the article……I personally think he did not even know who Tommy was just another Halfway house kid….he turned and went after Tommy at the end of the movie because his intention was to kill all the “Looneys” at Pinehurst and anyone else that his murderous eye fancied…. I don’t think the Tommy/Jason connection is any kind of motivation for Roy at all.

I wonder if he was surprised that Tommy just stood there and allowed him to slice him with the machete.

The way I was thinking, that I got from someone else, is Roy was trying to pin it on Tommy, which is why he stacked the bodie sin Tommy's room
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 Wed 1 Dec - 20:54

jasn88cubs wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Thoughts?

The way I was thinking, that I got from someone else, is Roy was trying to pin it on Tommy, which is why he stacked the bodie sin Tommy's room

I could see that…… IF he knew the connection between Tommy and Jason, he could kill everyone and then make it look like Tommy killed himself or disappeared or was killed by Pam I suppose….
I am just not convinced that was his intention or that he was aware of the their connection I think he stacked all the bodies in Tommy’s room because no one was in there and wanted whoever was staying in there to find the bodies….he already killed Violet Jake and Robin in their rooms and Tommy’s was the only empty bedroom left upstairs.

…….. It seems more like Roy wanted to be Jason rather than just simply pinning the Pinehurst killing spree on him or Tommy….Isn’t it strange how he carried around newspaper clippings about Jason? You also have to wonder how he was able to put together the outfit so quickly. The bald hood part of the costume appears to be specially made for him as well. Could he have already had the outfit at home? Was he obsessed with Jason and his killings, just waiting for his own “excuse” to go on his own killing spree….
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs Sun 5 Dec - 10:59

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Thoughts?

I could see that…… IF he knew the connection between Tommy and Jason, he could kill everyone and then make it look like Tommy killed himself or disappeared or was killed by Pam I suppose….
I am just not convinced that was his intention or that he was aware of the their connection I think he stacked all the bodies in Tommy’s room because no one was in there and wanted whoever was staying in there to find the bodies….he already killed Violet Jake and Robin in their rooms and Tommy’s was the only empty bedroom left upstairs.

…….. It seems more like Roy wanted to be Jason rather than just simply pinning the Pinehurst killing spree on him or Tommy….Isn’t it strange how he carried around newspaper clippings about Jason? You also have to wonder how he was able to put together the outfit so quickly. The bald hood part of the costume appears to be specially made for him as well. Could he have already had the outfit at home? Was he obsessed with Jason and his killings, just waiting for his own “excuse” to go on his own killing spree….

That's true

He may have had a obsession with Jason and had everything planned then when Joey dies he just instantly snapped

Hard to say

It is weird he carried clippings around. I mean who does that?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees Thu 9 Dec - 18:33

Honestly Roy Burns was just a ripoff more of Pamela Voorhees more than Jason lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 Fri 10 Dec - 17:10

Jason Voorhees wrote:Honestly Roy Burns was just a ripoff more of Pamela Voorhees more than Jason lol.

His motivation for sure but not his looks lol,
otherwise he would have been wearing flannel and a blue sweater.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees Sat 11 Dec - 10:53

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Honestly Roy Burns was just a ripoff more of Pamela Voorhees more than Jason lol.

Oh ofcourse but it makes him to be a triple copycat lol! Pamela, Jason, and Michael.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie Sat 11 Dec - 14:34

OCT 31 1978 wrote:

I've always liked to pretend the outfit change, and the blue markings on the mask in particular, was a subtle nod to fans paying attention that Roy wasn't actually Jason. Somebody who scrapped together an outfit that resembled Jason's the best he could. That's just my personal head cannon though, and I have nothing to base that off of. Makes sense to me though with the cobbled together Jason cosplay look.

Oh, and I just really wanted to use this emoji. Awesome shit. Jason Kill V.2
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees Sat 11 Dec - 15:00

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

I've always liked to pretend the outfit change, and the blue markings on the mask in particular, was a subtle nod to fans paying attention that Roy wasn't actually Jason. Somebody who scrapped together an outfit that resembled Jason's the best he could. That's just my personal head cannon though, and I have nothing to base that off of. Makes sense to me though with the cobbled together Jason cosplay look.

Oh, and I just really wanted to use this emoji. Awesome shit. Jason Kill V.2
Honestly it does seem like they went with whatever outfit for Roy LOL!

and I am happy you love the smilies! I will be adding ALOT more for this forum!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 Sat 11 Dec - 21:58

@I'm Not a Goalie, @JasonVoorhees…..I wonder why they decided to go with the coveralls look for Jason in part 5….coveralls we’re definitely Michaels look up to that point…Jason was a shirt and pants guy for 2 moves straight……
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie Sun 12 Dec - 2:11

OCT 31 1978 wrote:@I'm Not a Goalie, @JasonVoorhees…..I wonder why they decided to go with the coveralls look for Jason in part 5….coveralls we’re definitely Michaels look up to that point…Jason was a shirt and pants guy for 2 moves straight……

Well, let's put it this way... A few years ago, My wife and I set up a Camp Crystal them in our yard for Halloween. Got a tent, an inflatable raft with a corpse in it, and my wife custom made a Camp Crystal Lake sign to put out in the yard. I was going to play the part of Jason, but we didn't any money for a real costume, so I had to settle for one of those cheap foam masks and whatever I could pull out of my closet or find at Goodwill to complete the outfit. I wasn't going to win any costume contests, but what I cobbled together was functional regardless. My point being, maybe Roy did the same thing. Threw together an outfit of what he had available once he decided to go on his rampage. It would also explain the mask too, if he was unable to find one that matched Jason's.

Coincidently the drastic change in attire also plays into my personal theory that maybe the powers that be were trying to hint to smart fans that this guy in the flannel wasn't actually Jason. The clothes, the mask, the physique, everything was just off. I'm probably giving them too much credit though, and the answer is probably as simple as the studio wanting to change up the look again... Maybe to something that would better suite Tommy, if they'd decided to stick with that plot twist.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs Sun 12 Dec - 11:20

I just know at the end, when the close up on Roy's face when he's dead it's really hard to tell who it is
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie Sun 12 Dec - 14:17

jasn88cubs wrote:I just know at the end, when the close up on Roy's face when he's dead it's really hard to tell who it is

Extremely difficulty especially for the first time casual viewer. I certainly didn't recognize him, hell I'd completely forgotten he'd existed by that point. It wasn't until the exposition dump after the fact that I realized Jason was actually this seemingly throwaway extra from earlier in the film that had all but a minute of screen time. I was actually fairly young when I saw P5 the first time, my first Friday film actually, so I never even made the connection Roy wasn't actually Jason until later on when I became more familiar with the franchise.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs Sun 12 Dec - 15:34

youtube comment i liked

castor Troy
castor Troy
2 months ago
Roy was insane from his rage and grief for his son's death and I also believe Jason's spirit possessed Roy from beyond the grave.
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees Mon 13 Dec - 15:41

OCT 31 1978 wrote:@I'm Not a Goalie, @JasonVoorhees…..I wonder why they decided to go with the coveralls look for Jason in part 5….coveralls we’re definitely Michaels look up to that point…Jason was a shirt and pants guy for 2 moves straight……

Has anyone ever even asked the director? because I am curious to know why he looked like Michael.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 Mon 13 Dec - 16:28

Jason Voorhees wrote:

Has anyone ever even asked the director? because I am curious to know why he looked like Michael.

Good question I agree with others that said they were meant to be a subtle difference to make Imposter Jason seem just a bit off.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees Wed 15 Dec - 19:47

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Good question I agree with others that said they were  meant to be a subtle difference to make Imposter Jason seem just a bit off.

I believe a Green flunnel shirt and bluish jeans would have worked alot better since it would have atleast matched his Part 2/3 apperance.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum