Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

happy friday the 13th

Go down

happy friday the 13th Empty happy friday the 13th

Post by jasn88cubs August 13th 2021, 7:14 am

how will you celebrate
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

SlasherxKing likes this post!

Back to top Go down

happy friday the 13th Empty Re: happy friday the 13th

Post by Jason Voorhees August 13th 2021, 10:10 am

Happy Friday the 13th! Ill be doing something with Cosplaying.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 13th 2021, 10:47 am

no channels are showing any of the movies

wow
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 13th 2021, 12:51 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:no channels are showing any of the movies

wow

Waaaait you joking right??
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 13th 2021, 2:26 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:no channels are showing any of the movies

wow

Waaaait you joking right??

nope i looked
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 August 13th 2021, 10:37 pm

Marathon. I have the DVD collection
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 14th 2021, 12:33 am

That sucks that no channels are showing the movies. Maybe AMC is waiting for FearFest but I’m still shocked no channel is airing them.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 14th 2021, 5:06 am

There's a streamimg service in my country that announced they're getting all of the Paramount films to celebrate. They're going to have all of the Halloween movies too in October.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 16th 2021, 12:53 am

Awesome! I’m glad you get the Halloween and Friday The 13th movies. We have Shudder here that does get them sometimes but it’s hard when other services don’t always want to share. It’s like horror fans just want to have a good time and if the services would allow a service like Shudder to air them, it would go a long way to making the fans happy and I think the fans would check out the ones who are willing to let Shudder air the movies.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 16th 2021, 7:52 am

Trekapedia wrote:Awesome! I’m glad you get the Halloween and Friday The 13th movies. We have Shudder here that does get them sometimes but it’s hard when other services don’t always want to share. It’s like horror fans just want to have a good time and if the services would allow a service like Shudder to air them, it would go a long way to making the fans happy and I think the fans would check out the ones who are willing to let Shudder air the movies.

The streaming service is nice, but there's something nostalgic about tuning into a Halloween horror marathon airing on TV.. I wish they still did that here. They used to show all the major horror franchises like F13, Halloween, Scream, Texas chainsaw massacre and Nightmare on Elm street.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 16th 2021, 11:55 am

Definitely agree with you SlasherxKing. They used to do that here on USA, TNT, FX, AMC and other channels a lot. Now they don’t do it anymore unless it’s Halloween like they’re gonna do with AMC FearFest.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 17th 2021, 4:11 pm

having movies on cable helps get new fans as well
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 21st 2021, 8:38 am

jasn88cubs wrote:having movies on cable helps get new fans as well

Big facts!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 28th 2021, 12:46 am

Absolutely! That’s how I found out about them, with networks like TNT, USA, Spike TV, AMC and others showing them. They used to air them on the local ABC station here on Saturday nights and same with Fox and UPN because they were owned by the same group.

That happened with the original A Nightmare On Elm Street. They’d air it on Saturday night on UPN or Fox and then the next night on the other station so I could watch it twice the same weekend lol! Sometimes they split the same movie up between the two networks over two weekend so first on Sunday night and then on the following Saturday night.

Unfortunately, it appears the local ABC station no longer airs movies like the Friday The 13th movies late night on Fridays or Saturdays anymore. They have infomercials instead which is sad.

Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 28th 2021, 3:59 pm

Im seeing new fans emerge from playing the game. They get hooked on the game and become curious about the source material. Its great to see Jason's legacy continue even if we don't get another film.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 29th 2021, 11:03 am

Don’t worry about another film. I think once everything is settled, we will see it happen. My belief is once whoever gets the rights get them, we will see someone like a Blumhouse make a new movie. They’ll snatch those rights up and do something like what they’re doing with the new Halloween movies and they’ll be huge smashes.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 29th 2021, 11:29 am

Trekapedia wrote:Don’t worry about another film. I think once everything is settled, we will see it happen. My belief is once whoever gets the rights get them, we will see someone like a Blumhouse make a new movie. They’ll snatch those rights up and do something like what they’re doing with the new Halloween movies and they’ll be huge smashes.

You think they'll reboot the franchise again? They never did anything more with the 2009 continuity... kinda glad, wasn't a big fan of that film. It was okay, but Jason's design and the characters kinda ruined alot of it imo.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie August 29th 2021, 12:34 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:Don’t worry about another film. I think once everything is settled, we will see it happen. My belief is once whoever gets the rights get them, we will see someone like a Blumhouse make a new movie. They’ll snatch those rights up and do something like what they’re doing with the new Halloween movies and they’ll be huge smashes.

You think they'll reboot the franchise again? They never did anything more with the 2009 continuity... kinda glad, wasn't a big fan of that film. It was okay, but Jason's design and the characters kinda ruined alot of it imo.

The reboot series never got continued because of the rights issues with Paramount and New Line. New Line had the right to the Jason character, but Paramount still held the rights to the 'Friday the 13th' moniker... That's why none of the New Line movies had Friday the 13th in the title. Paramount was going to release a sequel to the reboot, or at least their own Friday film when the rights fell back to them, but canceled the project when 'Rings' of all things failed.

New line now has the rights to both, but of course now Horror Inc is mired in this legal pissing contest with Victor Miller, so Jason's basically been trapped in legal hell for over a decade.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Trekapedia and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 29th 2021, 10:16 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:

The reboot series never got continued because of the rights issues with Paramount and New Line. New Line had the right to the Jason character, but Paramount still held the rights to the 'Friday the 13th' moniker... That's why none of the New Line movies had Friday the 13th in the title. Paramount was going to release a sequel to the reboot, or at least their own Friday film when the rights fell back to them, but canceled the project when 'Rings' of all things failed.

New line now has the rights to both, but of course now Horror Inc is mired in this legal pissing contest with Victor Miller, so Jason's basically been trapped in legal hell for over a decade.

Yup I’m glad Warner Bros and New Line have the rights to it all. Once the lawsuit is all over, we will get the 13th Movie and they’ll go all out for it.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum