Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how would you rank the cover art?

Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty how would you rank the cover art?

Post by jasn88cubs June 10th 2021, 2:21 pm

for the movies? fav to least fav

mine go

1
8
6
4
jason x
jaosn goes to hell
7
the remake
3
2
f vs j
5th


Last edited by jasn88cubs on June 10th 2021, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 87
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by Jason Voorhees June 10th 2021, 3:31 pm

If we going by design and opinion-based by fan?

The New Blood
Jason Lives
Jason X
F13 Reboot
Part 9
Final Chapter
Part 1
Part 2
FvJ
Part 3
A New Beginning
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 608
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2021, 4:31 pm

Very cool Topic for me I would rank them from most iconic and here is my list:

Final Chapter
F13
F13 part 3
F13 part 2
Jason Lives
Jason Takes Manhattan
New Blood
Jason Goes to Hell
New Beginning
Jason X
F13 remake
Freddy Vs Jason
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 202
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by jasn88cubs June 10th 2021, 5:07 pm

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:Very cool Topic for me I would rank them from most iconic and here is my list:

Final Chapter
F13
F13 part 3
F13 part 2
Jason Lives
Jason Takes Manhattan
New Blood
Jason Goes to Hell
New Beginning
Jason X
F13 remake
Freddy Vs Jason

why do you have 5 ahead of the others?just curious

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 87
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2021, 5:32 pm

@jasn88cubs wrote:
@OCT 31 1978 wrote:Very cool Topic for me I would rank them from most iconic and here is my list:

Final Chapter
F13
F13 part 3
F13 part 2
Jason Lives
Jason Takes Manhattan
New Blood
Jason Goes to Hell
New Beginning
Jason X
F13 remake
Freddy Vs Jason

why do you have 5 ahead of the others?just curious



I just feel both poster versions for A New Beginning are more Iconic.....the White Hockey Mask with red light coming from behind is a very cool poster and when you see it it’s instantly recognizable for Friday the 13th and then the one with Jason’s mask and Tommy Jarvis’s silhouette holding the machete has a very eerie quality very suggestive that Tommy is the new Jason.

Don’t Get me wrong I dig all those covers especially Jason X but the Remake is pretty basic and so is Freddy Vs Jason I would have preferred his clawed glove hand holding Jason’s mask.

For me the most Iconic is Part 4 the Final chapter..... whenever I think of Friday the 13th that movie cover comes to mind..... the bloody mask with a knife in the eye hole.... supremely iconic.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 202
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by jasn88cubs June 10th 2021, 5:53 pm

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:
@jasn88cubs wrote:
@OCT 31 1978 wrote:Very cool Topic for me I would rank them from most iconic and here is my list:

Final Chapter
F13
F13 part 3
F13 part 2
Jason Lives
Jason Takes Manhattan
New Blood
Jason Goes to Hell
New Beginning
Jason X
F13 remake
Freddy Vs Jason

why do you have 5 ahead of the others?just curious



I just feel both poster versions for A New Beginning are more Iconic.....the White Hockey Mask with red light coming from behind is a very cool poster and when you see it it’s instantly recognizable for Friday the 13th and then the one with Jason’s mask and Tommy Jarvis’s silhouette holding the machete has a very eerie quality very suggestive that Tommy is the new Jason.

Don’t Get me wrong I dig all those covers especially Jason X but the Remake is pretty basic and so is Freddy Vs Jason I would have preferred his clawed glove hand holding Jason’s mask.

For me the most Iconic is Part 4 the Final chapter..... whenever I think of Friday the 13th that movie cover comes to mind..... the bloody mask with a knife in the eye hole.... supremely iconic.


ah Ok. I just found part 5 boring and bland but its all an opinion

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 87
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2021, 6:01 pm

@jasn88cubs wrote:
@OCT 31 1978 wrote:
@jasn88cubs wrote:
@OCT 31 1978 wrote:Very cool Topic for me I would rank them from most iconic and here is my list:

Final Chapter
F13
F13 part 3
F13 part 2
Jason Lives
Jason Takes Manhattan
New Blood
Jason Goes to Hell
New Beginning
Jason X
F13 remake
Freddy Vs Jason

why do you have 5 ahead of the others?just curious



I just feel both poster versions for A New Beginning are more Iconic.....the White Hockey Mask with red light coming from behind is a very cool poster and when you see it it’s instantly recognizable for Friday the 13th and then the one with Jason’s mask and Tommy Jarvis’s silhouette holding the machete has a very eerie quality very suggestive that Tommy is the new Jason.

Don’t Get me wrong I dig all those covers especially Jason X but the Remake is pretty basic and so is Freddy Vs Jason I would have preferred his clawed glove hand holding Jason’s mask.

For me the most Iconic is Part 4 the Final chapter..... whenever I think of Friday the 13th that movie cover comes to mind..... the bloody mask with a knife in the eye hole.... supremely iconic.


ah Ok. I just found part 5 boring and bland but its all an opinion

Agreed.
it all come down to your preferences, what kind of images speak to you or get your attention/ interest..... people like different things and there is nothing wrong with that.

My personal preference is to lean more towards the less is more with my graphic arts approach.



Last edited by OCT 31 1978 on June 10th 2021, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 202
Join Date : 2020-11-03

jasn88cubs likes this post

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by jasn88cubs June 10th 2021, 6:14 pm

this is part 5 in Europe
how would you rank the cover art? 264friday-the-13th-05b-dvd

turkish cover for part 2
how would you rank the cover art? Friday-the-13th-part-2-german-vhs-movie-cover

part 8 in uk
how would you rank the cover art? Friday-the-13th-viii-jason-takes-manhattan-11098l

how would you rank the cover art? 2274310

japan
how would you rank the cover art? 418QKQ0HFKL._SL500_


Last edited by Jason Voorhees on July 5th 2021, 9:33 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Coding so everyone could see the images. ????)

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 87
Join Date : 2020-08-06

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia like this post

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2021, 6:15 pm


I Dig it very retro!!

Not a fan of 2 or 8 lol


Last edited by OCT 31 1978 on June 10th 2021, 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 202
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by jasn88cubs June 10th 2021, 6:16 pm


i added more to that post .....

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 87
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2021, 6:19 pm

@jasn88cubs wrote:

i added more to that post .....

I like the Jason X one...

But the ones here in the States are definitely way better.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 202
Join Date : 2020-11-03

jasn88cubs likes this post

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by jasn88cubs June 10th 2021, 6:23 pm

yea part 8 makes Jason look like he's Frankenstein ro something the way he's walking lol

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 87
Join Date : 2020-08-06

OCT 31 1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by jasn88cubs June 10th 2021, 6:23 pm

here's an alternate of pt 2
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/c6/4c/f6c64c3757441eb31298ada3e2226c1a.jpg

looks awful. Looks like Jason is a grizzly bear

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 87
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2021, 6:27 pm

@jasn88cubs wrote:here's an alternate of pt 2
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/c6/4c/f6c64c3757441eb31298ada3e2226c1a.jpg

looks awful. Looks like Jason is a grizzly bear

lol
I kinda like it I love the image in the Silhouette look.....
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 202
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by jasn88cubs June 10th 2021, 6:38 pm

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:
@jasn88cubs wrote:here's an alternate of pt 2
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/c6/4c/f6c64c3757441eb31298ada3e2226c1a.jpg

looks awful. Looks like Jason is a grizzly bear

lol
I kinda like it I love the image in the Silhouette look.....
Well I do like it, I just hate how Jason looks lol. I get his face looking like that but IDK, it just looks weird ot me

jasn88cubs
Scout
Scout

Posts : 87
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2021, 6:59 pm

No worries..... artistic interpretations can go either way there is no right or wrong if you like or dislike art.

What I like about it is the lake and canoe in the Silhouette of Jason..... it’s very stylish, one could make a case that the Proportions are a little off but once again Artist interpretation.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 202
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 10th 2021, 9:40 pm

Ewe, I like this question... I'm going to have to fall back on my nostalgia to rank these though.

IV: The Final Chapter
Friday the 13th
VI: Jason Lives
VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
VII: The New Blood
Friday the 13th (2009)
Freddy vs. Jason
V: A New Beginning
Jason X
Friday the 13th P3 (I do kind of like the Japanese version though)
Jason Goes to Hell
Friday the 13th P2


I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Hiker
Hiker

Gender : Male
Posts : 51
Join Date : 2020-11-03
Location : Haddonfield Illinois

OCT 31 1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by Jason Voorhees June 13th 2021, 11:59 pm

@I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Ewe, I like this question... I'm going to have to fall back on my nostalgia to rank these though.

IV: The Final Chapter
Friday the 13th
VI: Jason Lives
VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
VII: The New Blood
Friday the 13th (2009)
Freddy vs. Jason
V: A New Beginning
Jason X
Friday the 13th P3 (I do kind of like the Japanese version though)
Jason Goes to Hell
Friday the 13th P2



Ok ok not a bad list!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 608
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by Trekapedia July 5th 2021, 5:52 pm

I loved the original cover art for all of them. Maybe that’s why I’m so against the redo covers that have been done the last few years. It just felt like they were generic and uninspired whereas with the original cover art, it was all fun and made me want to watch the movies. Even JTM had a really cool cover for me with Jason looming in the New York skyline.

The redo cover art that irritates me the most is probably the one for the original movie where they flat out make people think Jason is the killer in the first one. It was a slip cover they did for the rerelease of the first movie on dvd a few years back. It shows Jason on the cover and I’m like well no wonder some people who haven’t seen the movies think Jason was the killer in the original. That’s why I like the original cover art the most. They do a good job of keeping it a sort of mystery who the killer is when it comes to the first one.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 42
Gender : Male
Posts : 168
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by Jason Voorhees July 5th 2021, 9:34 pm

I might make a dedicated post for Alternate Covers of the Friday the 13th films.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 608
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

how would you rank the cover art? Empty Re: how would you rank the cover art?

Post by Trekapedia July 10th 2021, 3:35 am

I still remember seeing so many fans making alternate cover and poster art for Jason X. Some of the fans are very good at that and studios should look into hiring the fans to design poster and cover art.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 42
Gender : Male
Posts : 168
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum