Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening scene of part 4

Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Opening scene of part 4

Post by jasn88cubs April 28th 2021, 2:02 pm

When they are loading Jason in the ambulance and the ambulances and cop cars pull away and it gets really dark and quiet and all you can hear is the animals making noises, freaking love it!!

Just the fact you had all this terror going on and then boom...its just eerily quiet like nothing had happened. Gives me goosebumps everytime

jasn88cubs
Hiker
Hiker

Posts : 59
Join Date : 2020-08-06

SonofOdin6039 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by Jason Voorhees April 28th 2021, 5:13 pm

@jasn88cubs wrote:When they are loading Jason in the ambulance and the ambulances and cop cars pull away and it gets really dark and quiet and all you can hear is the animals making noises, freaking love it!!

Just the fact you had all this terror going on and then boom...its just eerily quiet like nothing had happened. Gives me goosebumps everytime

They really gave The Final Chapter a creepy and suspenseful atmospheric theme for the entire movie.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 494
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by jasn88cubs April 28th 2021, 5:28 pm

@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@jasn88cubs wrote:When they are loading Jason in the ambulance and the ambulances and cop cars pull away and it gets really dark and quiet and all you can hear is the animals making noises, freaking love it!!

Just the fact you had all this terror going on and then boom...its just eerily quiet like nothing had happened. Gives me goosebumps everytime

They really gave The Final Chapter a creepy and suspenseful atmospheric theme for the entire movie.

and best acting

jasn88cubs
Hiker
Hiker

Posts : 59
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by Jason Voorhees April 29th 2021, 9:47 am

@jasn88cubs wrote:
@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@jasn88cubs wrote:When they are loading Jason in the ambulance and the ambulances and cop cars pull away and it gets really dark and quiet and all you can hear is the animals making noises, freaking love it!!

Just the fact you had all this terror going on and then boom...its just eerily quiet like nothing had happened. Gives me goosebumps everytime

They really gave The Final Chapter a creepy and suspenseful atmospheric theme for the entire movie.

and best acting

I'll say Part 2-4.6-7, and 2009 had the best acting in their films.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 494
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by jasn88cubs April 29th 2021, 4:51 pm

@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@jasn88cubs wrote:
@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@jasn88cubs wrote:When they are loading Jason in the ambulance and the ambulances and cop cars pull away and it gets really dark and quiet and all you can hear is the animals making noises, freaking love it!!

Just the fact you had all this terror going on and then boom...its just eerily quiet like nothing had happened. Gives me goosebumps everytime

They really gave The Final Chapter a creepy and suspenseful atmospheric theme for the entire movie.

and best acting

I'll say Part 2-4.6-7, and 2009 had the best acting in their films.

I thought the acting in part 8 was pretty good too!

jasn88cubs
Hiker
Hiker

Posts : 59
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 13th 2021, 3:21 pm

I always loved the intro of Part 4.... the build up of all the terrible things that have happened so far picking up the bodies of the victims, evidence and Jason....

It almost feels like the police want it done as quickly as possible...... like being there any longer could start it all right back up again....and then when it’s all eerie quiet... like nothing ever happened......the of terror is not going to be gone for long.
Great movie magic right there.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Camper
Camper

Gender : Male
Posts : 146
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by Jason Voorhees June 13th 2021, 7:42 pm

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:I always loved the intro of Part 4.... the build up of all the terrible things that have happened so far picking up the bodies of the victims, evidence and Jason....

It almost feels like the police want it done as quickly as possible...... like being there any longer could start it all right back up again....and then when it’s all eerie quiet... like nothing ever happened......the of terror is not going to be gone for long.
Great movie magic right there.

The police must have gotten a lot of heat/hate due to Jason, so it would be them wanting to be wrapped up quickly before anything else happened, I mean news reporters weren't even at the scene just yet until they moved his body from the barn.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 494
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by jasn88cubs June 13th 2021, 8:14 pm

@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@OCT 31 1978 wrote:I always loved the intro of Part 4.... the build up of all the terrible things that have happened so far picking up the bodies of the victims, evidence and Jason....

It almost feels like the police want it done as quickly as possible...... like being there any longer could start it all right back up again....and then when it’s all eerie quiet... like nothing ever happened......the of terror is not going to be gone for long.
Great movie magic right there.

The police must have gotten a lot of heat/hate due to Jason, so it would be them wanting to be wrapped up quickly before anything else happened, I mean news reporters weren't even at the scene just yet until they moved his body from the barn.

How you thinking the cops cam eupon the scene?

I feel like they were searching for the killer, sinc ethey had no idea it was Jason at the time, and they came across dead bodies

jasn88cubs
Hiker
Hiker

Posts : 59
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by Jason Voorhees June 14th 2021, 12:00 am

@jasn88cubs wrote:
@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@OCT 31 1978 wrote:I always loved the intro of Part 4.... the build up of all the terrible things that have happened so far picking up the bodies of the victims, evidence and Jason....

It almost feels like the police want it done as quickly as possible...... like being there any longer could start it all right back up again....and then when it’s all eerie quiet... like nothing ever happened......the of terror is not going to be gone for long.
Great movie magic right there.

The police must have gotten a lot of heat/hate due to Jason, so it would be them wanting to be wrapped up quickly before anything else happened, I mean news reporters weren't even at the scene just yet until they moved his body from the barn.

How you thinking the cops cam eupon the scene?

I feel like they were searching for the killer, sinc ethey had no idea it was Jason at the time, and they came across dead bodies

I'm sure they didn't they probably thought it was just some random woodsmen killer.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 494
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 14th 2021, 10:10 am

At the end of Part 3 it is daylight and they are helping Traumatized Chris Higgins into the back of a police car.....

So it was much earlier in the day that they discovered the scene and Chris the sole survivor of Part 3.... in the final Chapter we get to see the ending of the investigation and clean....

I am not sure how they found her or the scene of the crime.
But one could surmise that since they had a helicopter she may have waved them down at some point in the morning....
Perhaps the police were continuing there investigation for Jason after part 2.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Camper
Camper

Gender : Male
Posts : 146
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 15th 2021, 4:28 pm

It was one of the best setting of atmospheres in any of the movies. Part of what made Halloween so successful was the attention given to atmosphere, and the opening to Part 4 was the best

SonofOdin6039
Town Looney
Town Looney

Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join Date : 2020-11-12
Location : Peoria Heights, Illinois

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia like this post

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 16th 2021, 8:58 am

As to how they found the crime scene at Higgins Javen, I always figured the police were still searching for whoever killed Harold and Edna at the beginning since they did show that crime scene was being processed as Chris and her friends drove by.

SonofOdin6039
Town Looney
Town Looney

Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join Date : 2020-11-12
Location : Peoria Heights, Illinois

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia like this post

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by Trekapedia July 5th 2021, 11:04 pm

@SonofOdin6039 wrote:As to how they found the crime scene at Higgins Javen, I always figured the police were still searching for whoever killed Harold and Edna at the beginning since they did show that crime scene was being processed as Chris and her friends drove by.

I can definitely see that! As for the opening, it feels like they really felt “hey it’s the final one, let’s go all out” and use the helicopter to film. Nowadays, it would be a drone which would still be cool but I love the helicopter shot.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Hiker
Hiker

Age : 41
Gender : Male
Posts : 70
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by Jason Voorhees July 6th 2021, 7:56 am

@SonofOdin6039 wrote:As to how they found the crime scene at Higgins Javen, I always figured the police were still searching for whoever killed Harold and Edna at the beginning since they did show that crime scene was being processed as Chris and her friends drove by.

Very much the case, they likely saw the many cars and plus the clerk from the store could have also hinted of the altercation between Shelly and the biker gang.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 494
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by Trekapedia July 30th 2021, 1:08 am

Is Part IV the last one to really have that 80s feel for anyone else? I feel like the franchise kind of didn’t know what to do next and felt pressure from other movies like A Nightmare On Elm Street to ramp everything up. But for me, they should’ve kept it simple and not tried to compete. I get they felt they had to, but it kind of hurt them because they let the need to compete overwhelm them. I’m glad Jason came back, but I wanted to see Tommy Jarvis become the killer with Part V. I do enjoy A New Beginning but felt it didn’t reach the potential that the end of Part IV gave to them you folks know what I mean? It felt like it was almost there but something was missing.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Hiker
Hiker

Age : 41
Gender : Male
Posts : 70
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by Jason Voorhees July 30th 2021, 3:39 am

@Trekapedia wrote:Is Part IV the last one to really have that 80s feel for anyone else?

I would say The New Blood was the final in the franchise because anything after was just for the sake of making a Friday the 13th film.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 75
Gender : Male
Posts : 494
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opening scene of part 4 Empty Re: Opening scene of part 4

Post by OCT 31 1978 July 30th 2021, 6:59 pm

I agree that The New Blood is the last to capture that 80’s feel…..
they all have an 80’s feel to them some more than others…

But from Jason Takes Manhattan and onwards the 90’s and 2000’s start dominating the look and tone.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Camper
Camper

Gender : Male
Posts : 146
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum