Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask

Go down

Which is actually accurate?

Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask 1685211133%Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask 16852110 33% 
[ 3 ]
Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask 1685211122%Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask 16852110 22% 
[ 2 ]
Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask 1685211144%Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask 16852110 44% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 9
Back

Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask Empty Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask

Post by Jason Voorhees Thu 18 Feb - 7:39

Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask Screen16
During a argument on a mask makers post on Facebook someone pointed out that the Propeller Blade Scene attacked in Jason Lives is where the "Axe Wound" was and at first I thought it was a mistake on his part so I rewatched the scene and slowed down the playback to 0.25x and then I researched and analyzed the scene itself and well...he was correct BUT both sides were correct so was this an overall overlooked continuity error that Part 7 fixed? And before anyone ask this is from the the aftermath of that scene.
Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask Fb_img17
(Notice the no Damage?)
This is the final scene and look of Jason during this event and there is no propeller blade damage done to the opposite side of the mask as in the Official Friday the 13th Props Museum Book created from/by the owner Mario Kirner that I own (I love this book!)

Official Image of the Part 6 Masks:

Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask Img_2021
The 3 known Masks that Mario owns and that is pictured inside his published book.

Official Image of the Part 7 Mask:

Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask Img_2022
One of the two Hero Part 7 Masks that Mario owns!

Clarification from Mario Kirner

Mario Kirner wrote:Also notable is the fact that in Part VII, the Propeller Damage on the Cheek is on the left side while in terms of continuity film-to-film, it should be on the right side where the mask got scraped off during the final scenes of Part VI. However, this scene was for some reason mirror flipped during the post production process of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives. so Buechler used that as a reference and flipped that damage on his mask design to be on the left side.

So....for the community what is your placement on this debate on which mask is continuity Accurate to the franchise by film?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Mario Kirner likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask Empty Re: Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask

Post by The Noble Idiot Tue 16 Mar - 0:34

Very interesting; didn't catch this the first time I watched part 6. I guess it can be argued that the right side damage is "accurate" since that was the intended target before the footage was flipped, but even that's some pretty shaky ground since we don't know why it was flipped to begin with!
The Noble Idiot
The Noble Idiot
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask Empty Re: Debate: Part 6 Jason and Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask

Post by Jason Voorhees Fri 19 Mar - 10:51

The Noble Idiot wrote:Very interesting; didn't catch this the first time I watched part 6. I guess it can be argued that the right side damage is "accurate" since that was the intended target before the footage was flipped, but even that's some pretty shaky ground since we don't know why it was flipped to begin with!
For me I say both are accurate just by different "Concepts" for Film Part 6 is Accurate but for continuity? Part 7 is Accurate.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum